HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

lakshmanaprabu

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 01:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harbor Freight Horn Upgrade  (Read 616 times)

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Re: Harbor Freight Horn Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 03:22:15 AM »
HAHA!  They do get people's attention, and that is no joke.

Ya know, if you aren't using that starter, I bet you could hook them to those leads without having to run any new wires.... 
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • There Are No Truths Outside The Gates of Eden
Re: Harbor Freight Horn Upgrade
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
HAHA!  They do get people's attention, and that is no joke.

Ya know, if you aren't using that starter, I bet you could hook them to those leads without having to run any new wires....

No, I have to keep my starter enabled for the rare time when it might die at a stoplight & I need an immediate start to avoid being flattened out like a frog by the lunatics who now populate my small twin towns where the traffic has turned to total lunacy since the '50s, '60s & early '70s when it used to actually be a pleasure to ride a bike around with like-minded people.
It's a challenge now to leave my own driveway & get home again without at least one near-death experience; and it usually happens at the first 4-way stop I come to which is 3 minutes from my house. The next comes at the 4-way stoplights where 6 lanes now converge from both E/W & N/S where it used to be Two-Lane Blacktop, Huck Meader's gas station (it had a lift & a pit) & a laundromat. Now it's a huge, horrible commercial center. It's a deathwish just waiting to come true. 

Plus I'd have to get used to a new switch  :) ;)

I've decided to do this horn thing over the Winter. I already have enuff things goin' on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 12:20:00 PM by tooseevee »
2008 ACE Head AVL Classic
1977 Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber