HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Military Airport 3

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 06:24:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aftermarket valve question  (Read 104 times)

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Scooter
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Aftermarket valve question
« on: October 10, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »
I sent a pair of Kibblewhite valves (int. & exh. Z90402 & Z90403) with all the trimmings to my local machinist with my stock 2002 Bullet head, ALSO...I sent an oversize/improved 43mm exhaust valve from Hitchcocks(because I like to upgrade every chance possible).That's 3 valves,-( 2 exhaust & 1 intake.)
  When I git my head back, I've got an Intake Valve still in its original unopened bag. With further checking, I see he's installed the upgraded exhaust valve & seat, but managed to...somehow, install the Kibblewhite EXHAUST valve where the Intake valve goes. Yup, he's installed BOTH exhaust valves.
  It's got a great seal on it(no leak), the guide isn't sloppy or tight. Aside from the Kibblewhite stem NOT needing a cap & the new exhaust valve stem NEEDING one, all seems to be well.
  QUESTION: Will the smaller head size of the intake valve be a performance issue to a stock 2002 KS engine, and are the valve lengths acceptable?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:41:03 PM by rtillery02 »
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Re: Aftermarket valve question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56:53 AM »
Sorry I cant help you, but maybe more people will see it if you post it in the section for your bike model .