HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

MSF - what is that !

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 12:24:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: s cams  (Read 4550 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: s cams
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2014, 01:06:55 AM »
i put the br6es equivalent that my local autoparts store had its a autolite 404 the thing would not start for the love of god with the 8
Well, I guess you have to do what you have to do, but using a way too hot plug to overcome poor carburetor tuning is not a recommended method.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

dampking

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2014, 05:33:15 AM »
Armando - What carb are you running? and what are the jet sizes?

armando_chavez

• Bulleteer
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16:14 PM »
i appriecate any criticism and advice given please do.  Im running the TM32 with stock needle in stock position with 200 main and 35 pilot.  i might have a 40 pilot in it i dont remember as im running a velocity stack. ill pull it off tomorrow and take a look.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2014, 11:42:31 PM »
i appriecate any criticism and advice given please do.  Im running the TM32 with stock needle in stock position with 200 main and 35 pilot.  i might have a 40 pilot in it i dont remember as im running a velocity stack. ill pull it off tomorrow and take a look.
I would drop down to a 30 pilot and a 185 main for your elevation and summer temps.
P4 needle jet , too.

Get the bike started and warmed up.
Then, use the small air bleed screw to find the highest idle speed you can find by turning it in or out until you reach that highest idle speed.
Then use the big idle speed screw to set the final idle speed around 1000 rpm. Not excessively slow, but stable idle speed.
That should get you pretty close to there.
You'll need to do some plug chops to get the right needle height, but you can try starting out with the clip at the 2nd groove from the top.

My guess is that you were too rich, and needed that hot plug to fire all that raw wet fuel.
Go back to the B8ES plug.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:51:34 PM by ace.cafe »
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

armando_chavez

• Bulleteer
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2014, 01:09:03 AM »
Thanks Ace! ill try to get to my supplier tomorrow if i get done plumbing early enough.  I live in jersey and its been around 85-90 degrees.

dampking

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2014, 05:53:26 AM »
Tom is right about the jetting part.

I will tell you my jetting - I am running a VM34 with 30 pilot, 220 mains but again even with 220 mains I am running rich on a 34 and pilot is right on target!

So for a 32mm carb, even if it's a flatslide, I think the 35 pilot will make you run real rich.