HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My retrobike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 05:16:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hand Tire Pump  (Read 2301 times)

jeep44

• Scooter
Hand Tire Pump
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:50:11 AM »
   has anyone purchased the old-style tire pump that mounts on the frame? I can't quite figure how it might mount to my Bullet.
Bulletist and Uraleer! 

2007 Classic Deluxe
1997 Ural Tourist
bunch of other Brit. and US bikes

calman28556

• Bulleteer
Re: Hand Tire Pump
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 03:11:25 AM »
Nope, but since I have a sidecar I did buy one of those $11.00 Wally-World tire pumps that's foot operated.  Fits in the "Honesty Box" real well.

However, as a suggestion, you might check out a bicycle shop for possible mounts and/or ideas.
On the Road - Again. And Again, And Again.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 06:16:31 AM »
   I've had a hell of a time getting a tire pump that works. About 4 years ago I bought a cheap tire pump from NAPA. I had to send three of these back because either they broke right away, or one never would pump air!!

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

jeep44

• Scooter
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
The one in the catalog comes with mounts-I just can't figure out where the best place for them might be, and was hoping someone else might have gotten this pump. My spare inner tube ain't gonna do me much good without some way to inflate it.
Bulletist and Uraleer! 

2007 Classic Deluxe
1997 Ural Tourist
bunch of other Brit. and US bikes

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Theres a last time for everything
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:52:01 AM »
They are mounted on the frame rail under the right side tool box, sometimes.. With bicycle style clamps. I use co2  cartridges from the bike shop, they fit in the toolbox nicely. I understand the one in cmw's catalogue is very well made, at $100 it better be.

scooberton

• Scooter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 01:53:40 AM »
I have a 12 volt pump that I got from harbor frieght that fits in my tool box with a bit of room to spare and I have a marine/boat 12 v outlet. I haven installed the outlet yet,preoccupied with more major repairs at the moment.Thinking of going instead to co2 dispenser and maybe pretreating the inner tubes with goop.