HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Lady in Red

in
Members Rides

58 Guests, 3 Users
mattsz, dampking, bluesdaddy2
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 10:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mikuni TM32 "Ring, Main Jet" broke - works great  (Read 1186 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • There Are No Truths Outside The Gates of Eden
Re: Mikuni TM32 "Ring, Main Jet" broke - works great
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »
Tooseevee - read it again?

I don't understand it either, since I don't have a carb (  ;) ), but when I read it, it tells me that you can temporarily hold the plastic baffle ring to the secure brass spacer using a bit of grease...

No, I don't need to read it again. I see what he's saying about a dab of grease holding the brass spacer on (while you're screwing the main jet back in). 

Where he is incorrect is in his sentence that sez:

"once the bowl is in place the spacer can't fall off" which sounds like it's the float bowl that holds the spacer on. It is not. It is the Main Jet that holds the spacer on & it cannot fall off (as the plastic baffle can) unless the Main Jet is removed.

2008 ACE Head AVL Classic
1977 Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
Ok... maybe I should read it again, then...  ;)

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »
          I don't understand what you're saying at all. The bowl doesn't hold the brass spacer on; the main jet holds the brass spacer on.

The plastic baffle can fall off (mine did, found it in the bowl), but the brass spacer can't.

The main jet in conjunction with the spacer also keeps the needle jet from rising if it's too loose in its tube (which isn't probable. It's a pretty tight fit).
You apparently missed this line in my post "put a SMALL dab of grease on the already installed brass spacer (jet already tightened)  Notice "ALREADY INSTALLED BRASS SPACER" "(JET ALREADY TIGHTNED)". The dab of grease is to hold the plastic baffle only. The plastic baffle is suppose to be tight enough not to fall off the spacer, but some are not. The last line of my post is INCORRECT, I meant to say baffle not spacer. Sorry for not being more clear about it & a error in the last line. I'm going to go back & fix it now so I don't confuse anyone else, My Bad.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:48:38 PM by motorman2whel »

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • There Are No Truths Outside The Gates of Eden
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »
You apparently missed this line in my post "put a SMALL dab of grease on the already installed brass spacer (jet already tightened)  Notice "ALREADY INSTALLED BRASS SPACER" "(JET ALREADY TIGHTNED)". The dab of grease is to hold the plastic baffle only. The plastic baffle is suppose to be tight enough not to fall off the spacer, but some are not. The last line of my post is INCORRECT, I meant to say baffle not spacer. Sorry for not being more clear about it & a error in the last line. I'm going to go back & fix it now so I don't confuse anyone else, My Bad.

Aha!   :) At least we have straightened out this whole hyuuuge problem  ;)   ;)

Perhaps you & I should get together now & help straighten out the huge debacle these idiots have made out of the health care system & economy of this country  :o :)   ::)

There was a time a long while back that I considered J-BWelding the plastic baffle to the brass spacer. I decided it made more sense to throw it on the shelf with all the rest of the stuff I've taken off this bike.
2008 ACE Head AVL Classic
1977 Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »
             Aha!   :) At least we have straightened out this whole hyuuuge problem  ;)   ;)

Perhaps you & I should get together now & help straighten out the huge debacle these idiots have made out of the health care system & economy of this country  :o :)   ::)

There was a time a long while back that I considered J-BWelding the plastic baffle to the brass spacer. I decided it made more sense to throw it on the shelf with all the rest of the stuff I've taken off this bike.
:D .. LMAO  I think we will need some "Devine Intervention" on those problems.. ;) . But we couldn't do much worse ! . There should be a "common sense" test all politicians must pass before running for office !.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:59:34 AM by motorman2whel »

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 02:06:21 AM »
I just re-read this thread...

Primarily it is intended to fall off a lot and lie in the bottom of the fuel bowl,--sounds familiar? This will increase blood pressure under normal circumstances and instill a panic known only to Titanic travelers.

bwahahaha
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 02:51:23 AM »
I just re-read this thread...

bwahahaha
Yup, Titanic Travelers..... NOT in life boats! .  ;D