HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

MORE CANS

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 08:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NField gear. Outstanding service  (Read 417 times)

DanB

• Grease Monkey
NField gear. Outstanding service
« on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:43 PM »
I just gotta share this, cuz I was blown away by the service from CMW (thank you Tim!).

Ok, I ordered a bunch of stuff back in October for my winter build projects. Last week, after installing a new set of cams, realized that my order did not include the needed timing cover gasket. My fault for not looking 6 months ago; an idiot move.

I called CMW, told Tim my story and I'll be damned, they sent the missing gasket to me free of any charge.

I know it's cheaper to look on ebay for gaskets and such, but with that level of service here on this continent I'm sending my business to NField gear. Thanks again Tim; you guys rock.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Re: NField gear. Outstanding service
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »
That's good of them..I've never had a problem with the CMW staff..They always took care of my needs when I called them....GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

suitcasejefferson

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:04:38 AM »
I got my oil filter 5 pack a few days ago, and was very impressed with the fast shipment. I was expecting it to take a LOT longer.
I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.
2013 Royal Enfield B5
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
2001 Yamaha XT225
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
2009 Genuine Stella 2 stroke
1980 Puch Maxi ZA50 2 speed
1971 VeloSolex S3800

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 12:24:43 AM »
I am anxious to see about my latest order.  See, I tried to order the bar-end mirrors back in May, and it even accepted my credit card and gave me an order number.  But then nothing ever came.  I e-mailed them, and got a reply stating that I missed the note about "These can only be purchased through your local Royal Enfield Dealer".  And so I did miss that!  (However, why would it let me submit all of the order info and shipping/CC info and let it go through if it's just going to get "bounced"?  That I did not understand.)

So last night (actually very early this morning), I submitted another order on nfieldgear.com for the K&N Air filter and the Sports Silencer for my Continental GT.  I got the reply e-mail with an order number and the usual info about getting an e-mail once my order ships.  I hope it ships soon (because I want those things!) and because these two items did NOT have the proviso that they be purchased through my local RE dealership.  So now I'll wait to see when the items get here...or don't.  But I am confident that they will be shipped soon (both items appeared to be in stock and ready to ship)!  I'll let y'all know how things turn out.

By the way, the bike is fantastic!  I need to go for a ride now, so BYE!
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT (7" Headlight, Premium Sports Silencer, K&N Air Filter, Ballistic Battery, Carpy's Trafficators, Dime City Bar-End Mirrors, Fender Extensions removed)
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »
Brian - the website can't quite be trusted yet.  Call them...

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 04:11:03 AM »
I agree with mattsz.

Things are being done to improve the web ordering site but it is always best to just call in your order.  The number is 1-800-358-0938

In the past, the ordering site on the web would take an order even if the part was on back-order.  No mention of the back ordered part would be mentioned and if this part was among a bunch of other parts that were in stock, they would all just sit there waiting for the back ordered part to arrive.

If the phone number is used, they can tell you if any part on the order is not in stock.  They are not quite as good at predicting when the back ordered part will arrive but at least you have the option of saying, "Ship the back ordered part when it gets here and bill me for it then.  Just send me what you have now so I can go riding."
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47:59 PM »
Well, I did see that today my bank card was hit by nFieldGear.com for part of my purchase price.  So hopefully that means something is underway to get me those parts!  I'm a pretty patient person, so a little waiting does not bother me.  But it does sound like a phone call is still in order!  I will keep y'all posted.
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT (7" Headlight, Premium Sports Silencer, K&N Air Filter, Ballistic Battery, Carpy's Trafficators, Dime City Bar-End Mirrors, Fender Extensions removed)
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
The K&N is in stock for sure, the Sports Silencer will be here this week. :)

We had a bit of a run on the Sports Silencer this last week so apologies for the delay.

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »
Thank you for that update, NField Gearman!  I already received the K&N Air Filter, and I am patiently awaiting the arrival of the silencer.  I can understand why there was a run on them...they look great, and I bet they sound wonderful, too!  I'm thinking that the lightweight battery is next on my hit list.  between that and the silencer, my Divya will lose quite a few Elle Bee's!  8)

I'm waiting to install the air filter until I get the exhaust so I can get the full benefit.  Anyone out there think I should go ahead and just install the air filter alone?  And if so, why?
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
If you really want to see if a different part will make a difference then yes, install the air filter now.
After a few rides you will be able to figure out if there is more power or less power or no change at all.

In the case of my G5, installing the K&N filter seemed to reduce the power of my engine.  It also reduced the fuel economy from around 73 mpg to 63 mpg.

I think the filter airbox on the G5 is different than the airboxes on other models so with your machine, your results may be different.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 06:26:53 AM »
Well, thank you nFieldGear!  I have received my Battery and Sport Silencer, and I've installed the battery (mounted "upside down" with foam surrounding it to hold it more firmly in place), and tomorrow I should be able to mount the silencer.  I got them both in a reasonable amount of time, so I wanted to just say thanks!  I'm sure I'll be returning again as a customer.  Y'all rock!

Oh, and by the way...any word on the Conti GT gear, i.e. The Jackets, Gloves, helmets, shirts, etc.?  I have a bunch of goodies that Flying Tiger, my dealer in Maplewood, MO, ordered on my behalf.  Hopefully the slow boat from India has already arrived... 8)
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 11:59:35 PM »
I know that I'm replying to my own message, but I was wondering if you had received any of the super-cool RE Continental GT gear (Jacket, Shirts, gloves, helmets, etc.) from India yet?  I was at my great local dealership, Flying Tiger Motorcycles, and they have yet to hear anything about it or receive anything. 

So I figured that I'd ask the source!  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C

NField Gearman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
It has finally shipped and we are expecting it around the week of October 19th so long as we don't experience any customs delays.

Hope that helps; thanks!

STL Conti GT

• Neophyte
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »
Thank you for the update, Gearman!  I appreciate it.  I look forward to the items arriving at Flying Tiger later this Fall. 

Keep on Thumpin'!
Sincerely,

Brian Goldberg
2008 Vespa GTS250ie
2005 Honda CMX250C