HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Mt. Ord

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Splitting The Cases" Time To Build!  (Read 1901 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: "Splitting The Cases" Time To Build!
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2014, 01:59:30 PM »
Good looking bike!
 8)

cafeman

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2014, 03:39:29 PM »
Thanks all for the compliments, all the work done on the engine would not have been possible or as easy as it was without all the great wealth of knowledge here. Pretty sure I read every post on this forum that had to do with engine/trans/primary mods and was able to piece together something that fit "my bill"  ;D
Bikes-Bikes-Bikes!!!
Current Fleet: 2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Cafe Racer
                     1996 Yamaha Seca II
                     1991 Husqvarna 350WXE
                     1991 KTM 250MX
                     2004 Husqvarna TC450

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »
Fantastic..I spent the past 20 minutes reading your work detail and viewing the pics..Do u have any plans for the brakes?  Any idea on man hours spent, researching, ordering, disassembly, etc...What a great blog for the rest of us..Thanks..GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

cafeman

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
Fantastic..I spent the past 20 minutes reading your work detail and viewing the pics..Do u have any plans for the brakes?  Any idea on man hours spent, researching, ordering, disassembly, etc...What a great blog for the rest of us..Thanks..GM
No plans for the brakes other than messing with them till I get it right, I have "arc'd" the shoes to the drums, spent time fine tuning the brake arms link to apply at the same time and have the heavy duty cable. Biggest issue is the drum is slightly out of round so I get a little pulsation when braking hard. Might call around to see if someone can turn the hub with the laced rim intact. The rear works very well and I'm able to use it in conjunction with the front for pretty effective balanced braking. Never kept track of time involved on everything, too much to the point of being "obsessed" probably  ;)
Bikes-Bikes-Bikes!!!
                     1996 Yamaha Seca II
                     1991 Husqvarna 350WXE
                     1991 KTM 250MX
                     2004 Husqvarna TC450

solg

• Bulleteer
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »
No plans for the brakes other than messing with them till I get it right, I have "arc'd" the shoes to the drums, spent time fine tuning the brake arms link to apply at the same time and have the heavy duty cable. Biggest issue is the drum is slightly out of round so I get a little pulsation when braking hard. Might call around to see if someone can turn the hub with the laced rim intact. The rear works very well and I'm able to use it in conjunction with the front for pretty effective balanced braking. Never kept track of time involved on everything, too much to the point of being "obsessed" probably  ;)
Good luck. I have the same issue with my front brake. The hub is slightly out of round. I'm in Chicagoland and have had no luck finding someone to turn my drum.
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana!

cafeman

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »
Good luck. I have the same issue with my front brake. The hub is slightly out of round. I'm in Chicagoland and have had no luck finding someone to turn my drum.

Yes I have a feeling I'll get the same results as you when calling around. I have given thought to somehow solidly mounting the axle/wheel assembly on a fabricated stand and perhaps using an improvised mounted cutter to cut the drum in minute increments as the wheel is rotated, just more backwoods, shade-tree mechanics  ::)
Bikes-Bikes-Bikes!!!
                     1996 Yamaha Seca II
                     1991 Husqvarna 350WXE
                     1991 KTM 250MX
                     2004 Husqvarna TC450