HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

350 Classic (enhanced)

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 01:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LED Replacement for brighter lights  (Read 2069 times)

erob123

• Bulleteer
LED Replacement for brighter lights
« on: July 30, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »
I just puchased a new 08 Military and first issue was in daylight indicator lights are not visable ecspecially the neutral, makes it hard without klunkin, clickin, and clutchin to figure out you in neutral.  Forum fixes mention replace with LEDs.  Also improvement on tail lights.  Daylight lights need to be seen and protect my ass.  Thanks, Eric

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Re: LED Replacement for brighter lights
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
If you replace the OEM bulbs with LEDs (good idea!), you also have to replace the flasher unit as the OEM one won't work with LEDs.  The turn signals don't flash, they just stay on with an LED anywhere in the circuit, including the telltale turn signal light in the speedometer.  Wish CMW would handle both... the bulbs and the flasher.  Be a lot easier if theywere the ones that worked on REs instead of trying to figure out which ones would from other vendors.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:45:29 PM by meilaushi »
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

dogbone

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 08:27:37 PM »
led's work on 1.5 volts dc to replace an incandescent bulb, a 150-170 ohm resistor needs to be in line with either of the leads. There is also a polarity to a led, but it;s only a matter
of if it doesn't work,swap the leads !
An electronic flasher works on a timer, not a bi metallic switch, so they will flash with any load (within ratings)
I use superbrites for neutral,hi beam & flasher, they show up in direct sunlite, but are overbright at night.
99 Enfield Bullet 535
a man isn't drunk,if he can lie on the floor without hanging on

geoffbaker

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:57 AM »
For details on what I did you can go to

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,1141.msg11396.html#msg11396

You will need an electronic flasher unit - I include the parts number in that thread.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 05:39:13 AM »
I would be surprised if it were a electronic timer on an Indian built vehicle.

If that were so, the lights would keep flashing with a failed bulb --they do not.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member