HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Fun in a Sand Box

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 03:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Couple of things...  (Read 1686 times)

fun2drum

• FUN 2 DRUM
  • Grease Monkey
Couple of things...
« on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:14 PM »
1. Fuel Guage

2. Lower (much lower) seat options, 'cause my wife wanted an Enfield like mine but she had to get something different so her feet could reach the ground.  Maybe even a small person / women's version of the Electra where the whole bike is lowered.  I think it would shock you at how popular they would be.   ;)
The Family Fleet:
2008 Royal Enfield Electra
2002 Buell Blast
1973 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Convertible
...and a couple of boring and more practicle family vehicles that I won't mention here.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Couple of things...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 05:11:51 AM »
and picture of all these new seats on bikes..  my Electra  so wants that sport seatt that the catalog say check the website for availability

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:03:34 AM »
Hey guys, if you can't find a seat you want I have a solution. Take your old seat to your local car upholster shop and tell them what you want. I have done several seats this way and have always had good luck. The last seat I had modified was my RE seat. I had the passenger section cut down almost even with the rider's portion of the seat. It looks very sporty (think Goldstar seat) and everyone thinks it is stock. Uh....... my wife hates it though......a half inch of padding isn't much.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:11:12 AM »
He is right you know, The foam -modeling is easy to do.

Ive watched them do it ,--its while you wait here for a seat repair, with 7 million motorcycles its  ubiquitous.

Even if they cut too much off they just stick some more on, you could do it yourself then tell them to wrap it.

I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:55:44 AM »
I've always wonered if anyone has tried to use that memory foam on a bike seat. Seams like it would be great.

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 04:48:05 PM »
The problem with memory foam is you would need to use it over a denser foam, or it would have to be very thick.

I have a Temper Pedic bed. It's VERY comfortable and was worth the exorbitant price, but the foam compresses several inches as it warms up. If you used the material as a seat cushion by itself you would soon find your butt almost touching the seat base and it would not be very comfortable.
Endeavor To Persevere