HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

left side of the bike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 03:04:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: end handlebar brake and clutch controls and modern british style speedometer?  (Read 1719 times)

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
first thing's first: i was wondering if there was any sort of conversion for old style handle bar end brake and clutch controls (see attached image of Brough). much like the drive shaft mentioned earlier, i would be on this like white on rice, and since it makes for such a nice old style aesthetic, i would assume it would be great for Royal Enfield motorcycles.

the other thing i noticed was that, although a British style speedometer is very much available, it lacks the other information of the standard speedo such as headlights and turn signals. this is also an aesthetic thing, but i would like something like the low tech one in the store, except with some newer tech behind it. would certainly be cool to have a reversed speed read without sacrificing readout features.

scooberton

• Scooter

This is a little off subject but I cant help but ask,the head light on your bike,is that a 7" light?Looks awesome.I would like to get one on my bike.Thanks.the "scoob monsters"

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Those are very cool levers. I have not seen a source for them, but I bet with some digging we could find one.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
Before you get all exited the man said that was a "Brough" in the picture not an RE.

Handle bar end levers must have the cable running down the handle bars?

Might just be more trouble than ---you know.
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member

Sixty5inILL

• Sucker for a Pretty Face
  • Scooter
I'd be interested in the levers as well.  I suppose that is one wanted bar end mirrors with that setup they'd have to be ones that clamped on the OD at the end of the bars prior to the grips depending on how the levers went on...

'04 Bullet Sixty-5 Magic Black
'00 Bullet 350cc- bone stock, Athena Gray
'07 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
'67 Moto Guzzi Sport
1979 Honda Twinstar CM185T
1983 Honda Shadow 750

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Hey Kevin, if you can get those levers, I will buy at least one set. They are super cool and super expensive on ebay..........thanks......Dewey.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!