HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Offroading on the banks of Yamuna river. Delhi

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 06:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How much back preasure?  (Read 1551 times)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
How much back preasure?
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:23:29 AM »
I have the classic exhaust from the CMW performance kit and am thinking about drilling out the baffle for more noise. I like a good loud bark out the tail pipe, but am concerned about altering performance in a negative way. I have drilled a few tiny holes already to help lean out the mixure (new carb ran way too rich).

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: How much back preasure?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:46:51 AM »
Have your way with it. Drilling out the baffle will increase flow some and may in fact be a good thing. The key is to make sure that you re-jet the carb when you have settled on a configuration

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Re: How much back preasure?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:55:47 PM »
Thanks, I think I will open it up a bit more. Even with no silencer, these bikes are not as noisy as the custom V-twins roaring up and own the road.

I think I've got the carb just about right. When I first installed it, it was very rich, si I moved the clip on the needle one notch. That seemed to help, but the plug was still a bit sooty, Not enough however to move the needle another notch, so I put a few 1/4" holes in the baffle by going in through the inlet side of the silencer. It's still pretty quiet and the plug is cleaner.