HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

More Ben Hur MC Races

in
Members Rides

54 Guests, 1 User
Ducati Scotty
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 01:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Inaccurate Shipping Costs?  (Read 1762 times)

Visser

• Neophyte
Inaccurate Shipping Costs?
« on: August 10, 2008, 08:21:09 PM »
I recently ordered 4 signals and 2 bar end mirrors. The total came to $93.86.
I entered my location and it said that standard shipping was all that was available and it would cost $12.95. I thought that was reasonable so I ordered it.

Now my package has come in, and all of a sudden my shipping amount has skyrocketed to $40.03!

Unfortunately I did not know that until after I had signed and accepted the package and opened it to get at the invoice - so too late to return to sender.

There is no way I would have bought $90 worth of parts if I had known the shipping would be nearly 50% of cost of the parts!

I hope this store can sort out this issue, because I certainly won't be ordering again if 1. the invoice given when I check out is not accurate, and 2. the shipping is so much.... I know it can be done for much cheaper - I work for the post office!

CMW-Rhett

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Re: Inaccurate Shipping Costs?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
Hi Visser,

It sounds like you placed your order in our legacy online store. The ability to accurately provide international shipping quotes at checkout was one of the chief concerns driving us to upgrade our store system.

In the previous store, table rates (like $9.95 and $12.95, based on the size of the order) were used for domestic orders and message was displayed at checkout that international shipping rates would be higher and quoted separately. We did our best to make the message bold and noticeable at checkout, but unvaryingly this was the biggest source of confusion and frustration form our international customers.

I'm not sure specifically what happened in your case, but ordinarily in these cases we contacted the customer by email for approval with the updated shipping charge before the order was processed at the warehouse. I'm troubled to learn that this didn't happen with your order.

I'm sorry for the poor experience. We'd certainly hate to lose your business and I'd love to have your feedback on the international shipping system in place on the new store. If you're willing to give us another try, send me an email at [email protected] or give me a call toll-free 1-800-201-7472 (ask for Rhett) and I'll give you a service credit or coupon code good for your next order.

Thanks for your feedback.

-RW
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:47:57 PM by Royal Enfield 1 »
Rhett Waldock
Royal Enfield USA
Classic Motorworks
www.enfieldmotorcycles.com
www.royalenfieldusa.com

Visser

• Neophyte
Re: Inaccurate Shipping Costs?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »
Okay Rhett, I sent you an email.
Thanks for the offer of a coupon or credit - I am sure I will need to use it sooner or later.
I think it was the old website that I ordered from, so hopefully I don't run into that problem again.