HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

ladakh express

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 12:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PARTS MANUAL  (Read 2472 times)

mbevo1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Mike and Stumpy
PARTS MANUAL
« on: August 27, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »
Any chance of getting the parts manual available online?  Would make ordering necessary parts much easier knowing what other bits are required when planning a maintenance task.  As an example, I ordered a sprocket/chain replacement set, and read on the forum that I'll likely need an inner primary gasket and screws.  No way of tracking down those parts without a manual...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan
'07 Classic - Stumpy
'10 C5 Military - Sherman

northshore_paul

• Bulleteer
  • Remember...all roads come to an end mon ami.
Re: PARTS MANUAL
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »
I see the date on this original post is 8/28/08 and unfortunately there has not been a reply from the management. Either it has not been read or it has been and there is no suitable reply. I have had older BMW airheads and numerous supplies/dealers have the parts breakdown on their site (and so do suppliers of asian bikes). This facilitates ordering of parts and makes the seller's job easier also because rather than verbally trying to describe what part you need, you simply give him the part number. This is not a novel idea nor is it a unique to one or two parts retailers. I admit I do not know what work (and expense) is involved in adding this to the CMW site but there are those out there that do know. So if this is read my management...how about a thumbs up....or down so we out here in cyberland  know if this is a doable option. Thanks   ;)
'01 Kawasaki W650
'06 Suzuki Burgman 400
'03 Bullet Classic gone to a new home
'84 BMW R100 gone to a new home
'94 Honda PC800 gone to a new home

chris-bartlett

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »
I'd really like to have the parts manual available online! I currently need a particular part, but can't find it in the store and don't know the part number.

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
  take a picture of said part and send it via e-mail to Scooter Bob, he will probably be able to square you away with the part number.  He's done it for me before and got the parts I needed.
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

Carlbryant

• Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:45:41 AM »
Any chance of getting the parts manual available online?  Would make ordering necessary parts much easier knowing what other bits are required when planning a maintenance task.  As an example, I ordered a sprocket/chain replacement set, and read on the aftermarket parts forum that I'll likely need an inner primary gasket and screws.  No way of tracking down those parts without a manual...

Mike and Stumpy in Michigan

Hello sorry to open this old thread but i am in search of part numbers. How you solved this problem. Waiting for reply
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:55:05 AM by Carlbryant »

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
What bike are you looking for one for? Hitchcocks has older parts manuals on-line. The only UCE ones I've seen cost money. NFG has those.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

virginiamudbrick

• Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 09:47:25 PM »
if they are available via cd rom, why dont they get put to work as a way to order parts direct or thru nfieldgear. (something along the lines of bikebandit.com) not sure what the investment would be in the software but it seems like it would pay for itself.

AwL

• Scooter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:09 AM »
Here's a couple links that might be helpful.  Have found the part number seem to work for my 2009 G5.

http://images.royalspares.com/part_manual/E5-G5/

http://www.royalmotorcycles.com/media/service/Electra%20EFI%20Parts%20Catalogue%20Europe%20Jan%202009.pdf