Menu

Members Rides

Not RE - WW2

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 01:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie seat question  (Read 1361 times)

parvo

• Neophyte
newbie seat question
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
I just picked up a 2002 Bullet deluxe and I really don't like the stock seat. I'm looking at getting a solo seat. Are they a bolt on item, or do I need to "adapt" them. Also, which seat do people like better, the regular or deluxe?

Thanks.

scooberton

• Scooter
Re: newbie seat question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
Hey parvo I myself installed a corbin-gentry,30s'-40's era harley repro solo seat.I really like it myself but it might not be for everyone as its solidly mounted to the frame and its not particularly heavy in the padding area.The main reason I mounted it solidly is that by solidly mounting it on the frame it lowered it considerably and I dont have the longest legs in the world so now,at its present height, my feet are planted firmly on the ground when Im in the saddle.So if your not real tall this modification helps tremendously.This seat is also leather covered as I couldn't stand the idea of a vinyl seat on such a masterpiece.Cost was roughly $200.,quality is high.I did have to FAB. the brackets for the rear and the front is mounted to the upper center frame tube by a grade eight bolt going thru a hole drilled in the tube,bolt is affixed to an anchor point on the bottom of the seat.It was also easier to bolt directly  to the frame than all the extra calculation,fabrication and parts needed to employ springs in the design.Time will tell if my butt will handle a solid seat mounting,never know may have to add sprgs.But I do love it so far.good luck