HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

One Reason to Get a G5 !

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 06:06:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mods Completed  (Read 1269 times)

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
Mods Completed
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:12:41 AM »
Just some quick feedback on some completed mods...

7" headlight conversion (halogen complete). Went on fine, though the headlight nacell is a bit crowded. Easy plug and play. Good investment.

Solo Seat, old style: This is the one without springs. Easy install. Looks great. Comfort level is about the same as the stock seat. Not adjustable though, so a taller rider might be sitting back too far.

Bullet directionals: The stock directionals and stock mirrors bugged me. They looked like an afterthought. The bullet replacements went on fine once I figured out the wiring.

Bar end mirrors: They look great, but are a disappointment. Requires moving the handlebar controls and may be hard to get right again. Hard to adjust. Vibrate a lot. Not accurate. if I had to do it over, I would seek another source.

Beehive tail light. What a PIA. Doesn't fit flush. Have to drill holes in fender (which never line up correctly). The license plate holder requires 2 holes drilled, and mine are slightly off so it is accentuated and looks crooked. Working between the tire and the inside of the fender is rough unless you have small hands. If I had to do it over, I'd replace the directionals but leave the tail light. Infortunately, mine (a 2008 with under 300 miles) disintergrated in my hand and had to be replaced.

The bike has a total different look now, and I like it.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville