Menu

Members Rides

tried to kill me

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 09:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gold Star Muffler.........  (Read 1781 times)

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Gold Star Muffler.........
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
Simple to install and it looks real good. It is a little loud when you get on the throttle so I mostly just putt when in town and quiet neighborhoods.......Dewey.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

Roy_d

• Neophyte
Re: Gold Star Muffler.........
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:46 AM »
I just bought an '05 Deluxe that has a shorter muffler on it, and it's quite loud.  I don't know if it's a different Royal Enfield muffler or some other brand.  I don't mind the volume, as I figure it makes me that much more noticeable in traffic, but there is a pretty good exhaust leak where the muffler joins with the header pipe.  It looks like the muffler is installed as far forward as it will go, but it doesn't quite cinch up into the header.  I'm about to loosen everything and get out the 2 Lb precision adjustment tool. 

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ace Performance Bullets and Ace Fireball 535
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »
I just bought an '05 Deluxe that has a shorter muffler on it, and it's quite loud.  I don't know if it's a different Royal Enfield muffler or some other brand.  I don't mind the volume, as I figure it makes me that much more noticeable in traffic, but there is a pretty good exhaust leak where the muffler joins with the header pipe.  It looks like the muffler is installed as far forward as it will go, but it doesn't quite cinch up into the header.  I'm about to loosen everything and get out the 2 Lb precision adjustment tool. 

Roy,
Just wrap a strip of aluminum sheet metal around the end of the header pipe, to take up the space. Hold it in place while you slide the muffler over it. Then you can clamp it down tight, and it won't leak. If you make the strip narrow enough, it won't even show at the joint.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:48:38 PM by ace.cafe »
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  and the Joe Mondello Signature cylinder head for the Bullet.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

Roy_d

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »
That sounds like a real good idea!  What I did was take the muffler off and elongate a couple of holes so that I could mount the muffler farther forward.  That almost eliminated the exhaust leak--I will re-do it and use your suggestion. Thanks.