HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Royal Enfield racing in Southern California

in
Members Rides

55 Guests, 1 User
TheContinental
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A short trip in Kerala...UK rider  (Read 76 times)

palace15

• Bulleteer
A short trip in Kerala...UK rider
« on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:07 AM »
I decided to take a short break in India, 2 years ago I did a trip from Kerala to the factory in Chennai, but this time planned on staying in Mumbai but after 3 nights decided that Mumbai was not the place for me, I took a flight down to Kerala where I spent a number of days stocking up on C5 spares (sprag clutches!). I rented a bike, a 350 UCE Twinspark carb model, although it was looking a bit rough and tread on the tyres appeared to be an optional extra which this bike was lacking, and surprisingly with 40.000kms on the clock turned out to be a smooth sweet ride, and I intended to enjoy the few days I had it........suicidal Indian drivers permitting! Hear are a few pis of the trip.
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

Royal Enfield, making mechanics out of owners since 1893.

palace15

• Bulleteer
Re: A short trip in Kerala...UK rider
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:00:01 AM »
The maroon bike in the pictures was 'my ride' !
You will always find that women that have lost thier virginity, still have the box it came in!

palace15

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
A Greaves Diesel bike

palace15

• Bulleteer
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:24 AM »
A mixture of images.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »

What's the story with this model?  It's obviously a UCE, a 350, you said, but it doesn't match the frame of the Bullet 350 shown on the RE site.  Almost like a C5 but with a B5's deeply-stepped seat...

palace15

• Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 11:43:03 AM »

What's the story with this model?  It's obviously a UCE, a 350, you said, but it doesn't match the frame of the Bullet 350 shown on the RE site.  Almost like a C5 but with a B5's deeply-stepped seat...

To be honest, I never really took much notice but the rental guy also has a mechanics shop where there is a vast assortment of 'mix n match' machines, pretty sure this is a Indian standard model.