HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

2003 Royal Enfield 500 US Classic

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New ride video, testing camera  (Read 47 times)

azcatfan

• Grease Monkey
  • 2002 Bullet ES
New ride video, testing camera
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »
Made another couple of ride videos.  New lens and re-worked the chest harness and I'm using the HD mic in the saddlebag again which eliminated wind noise and captured the exhaust pretty good though sometimes there is some clipping. 

First is River Rd. in Tucson.  This used to be a pretty treacherous road for motorcycles but many crashes and many deaths moved the city to straighten out most of the twisties.  The few that remain are highly visible with multiple warning signs and arrows.

Local riders still enjoy the road, just not as much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGudRU5BmNw

Highlights:

0:05 Starting the bike
1:30 Getting on it a little bit (I usually don't on this bike)
12:10 & 13:43 Other bikers

Second was a quick fly through the Tanque Verde area.  Hard to tell from the camera but this is one of the few areas out here that is covered in trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XNYHqScLF0

Highlights:

2:00 I get shouted at by a Triumph rider and his ol' lady so they can give me a big thumbs up.  I think they were on a Triumph Rocket?  It was big, I know that.
2:40 I get on some of the biggest roads that I dare on the RE (speed limit is still 45-55mph)
3:30  Trees (this is a BFD in the desert)
5:06 Dodge Challenger R
5:35 Rich neighborhood, shitty roads
6:15 Running through the gears and searching for 5th LOL

Enjoy the videos!  I enjoy making them and they add another component to enjoying the Enfield.  Some people like to watch because they can't ride right now for whatever reason, others to see the 'scenery,' others to see/hear the bike, others yet to watch my shitty riding on a street bike B-)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:57:28 PM by azcatfan »
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Re: New ride video, testing camera
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:33 PM »
I watched both videos, enjoyed them very much!  I just love the sound of a thumper, very little wind noise but you can definitely hear the exhaust.

Its just too hot here in Oklahoma for me to ride, humidity really drains me.  Daytime temps here are 93-96F with high humidity.  Spring and fall are the best times for me to ride.

I'm gonna have to break down and get one of those cameras.

Cheers,

Terry     
2010  C5  Teal
Triumph Bonneville T100

azcatfan

• Grease Monkey
  • 2002 Bullet ES
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Thanks Terry,

Making the videos just adds another element to riding for me and I'm glad you enjoy them as well.

As for the heat, between it and the monsoons, my commute has been via pick-up truck which has drastically reduced my riding.  I get up early on the weekends and go for a ride before the heat really gets going.  I'm usually out the door around 5:30AM just to avoid the heat or getting blasted in a crazy downpour.

Thanks again for the kind words and keep up the recovery.  8)
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:16:21 AM »
Great videos.  :)

Thank you for sharing them with us.

I haven't been to Tucson for a long time so I might not be identifying the right mountain but if it's  what I think it is, that great big mountain range that looks totally barren in the distance is the Santa Catalina mountains.  The big one is Mount Lemmon and at 9157 feet elevation, it's peak is over 1 1/3 miles (7,100 feet) higher than the area your riding in in the video.

Although it looks barren, the top of it is covered with large pine trees and there is an astronomical observatory up there towards the top.  :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary