HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

2011 C5 stock....for now..

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 09:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Major Complaint  (Read 4462 times)

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
Major Complaint
« on: October 25, 2008, 09:14:54 PM »
I'm trying to buy a kit for my distributer and a diamond engine guard.  I played hell clicking everything in sight just to get these two into my cart.  Now I can't check out.

Also, I can't edit my shipping and billing address because there is no State/Province space.  Just the name, "State/Province and a red asterisk showing it is required information.

I can wait to phone the order in, that's not really a problem.  It's just that the old store layout worked much better and had ALL The ITEMS for sale.

This new store has many places that are to be clicked to conduct a transaction, but they don't do anything.  If CMW really wants to sell stuff, and I know they do, they need to provide access that actually works for their customers.

OK, I'm done ranting except to say that this new store works about as well as the mounting procedure for the extendable rear rack.  I'll be calling my order in on Monday.
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love this bike!!
Re: Major Complaint
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 04:56:26 AM »
I have to agree Fred, I think they let this new web design go too quick, it has lots of bugs.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:51 PM »
I agree completely that the new store stinks. Either most of the parts (that I've looked for) are not there or I simply can't find them. Either way, if I wouldn't call in an order they wouldn't make a sale.

RAKe

• You'll Never See a Motorcycle Parked In Front of a Therapist's Office
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:30:16 PM »
I suppose it's like anything else--problems in the early stages that will soon be sorted out.  Quit your whining and deal with it!  You're dealing with good people, a good system, and a damn good product!.  (Can't stand pissant whining.  Makes me want to drag 'em out behind the building!!).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:41:20 PM by RAKe »
196? Triumph 500 (basket case), 1968 BSA 650 (needed work), 1976 Triumph T140V 750 (ran well), 2004 Harley-Davidson XL883C, 2007 Harley-Davidson FXDB

Waiting to order 2012 Royal Enfield Bullet Deluxe

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:08:43 PM »
I suppose it's like anything else--problems in the early stages that will soon be sorted out.  Quit your whining and deal with it!  You're dealing with good people, a good system, and a damn good product!.  (Can't stand pissant whining.  Makes me want to drag 'em out behind the building!!).

A man of distinct opinion... lol

;D
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

geoffbaker

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »

Agreed!
As a web designer, I understand how much work - and money and time - goes into building a commerce store as WELL as forums, galleries, newsletters etc... all of which you get for FREE!!!!!

They will work the kinks out.

I think their web guy is doing an amazing job under great pressure. I wouldn't want his job!

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 06:06:45 PM »

This part of the forum is for Beta Store Feedback, that's what I was providing.  I really don't care how much work goes into producing a site like the Store.  That's not my problem.  I am the customer!  The person, collectively speaking, without whom there is no product or website.  To put a site on line that is not functioning or is incomplete, is doing the 'customer' a great disservice and will potentially damage the business.  As far as I'm concerned, going on line with the Beta Store in its current state was a mistake that just invites negative comment and provides customers with an incentive to shop elswhere.

So, RAKe, as far as pissant whining is concerned and your need to take me out behind the building, just pm me for my address.  If you're feeling 'froggy', jump!
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love this bike!!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:50:28 PM »
So, RAKe, as far as pissant whining is concerned and your need to take me out behind the building, just pm me for my address.  If you're feeling 'froggy', jump!

OK, OK, gentlemen can't we all just get along here?  I'm sure Kevin knows that the new store is a bit hosed and they are probably working 24/7 to correct the problems, and I'm sure he appreciates the feed back.  In the mean time just take a deep breath and call 1-800-201-7472
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:37 AM »
Now boys, lets settle down a bit here. I have been in India for the past week and will be here another week and have not read this thread. The comment is valid.......however in the terms of service here it suggests that if you have a complaint (not merely a helpful comment) that you contact someone who can actually help you. An e-mail or a call will actually fix your problem, a post may go unnoticed for days or forever. The most effective person to help you with this is Rhett at 1-800-201-7472 or [email protected]