HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

2006' R E 500 E S

in
Members Rides

59 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 09:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Primary chain adjuster  (Read 1750 times)

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Primary chain adjuster
« on: October 29, 2008, 10:35:33 PM »
 Purchasing the aftermarket chain adjuster w/rubber bumper should be a one time affair. CMW should offer replacement rubbers for performing standard maintenance. I feel the cost to purchase  maintenance parts should be kept to a minimum. These rubber parts wear out eventually when exposed to lubricants and friction. Please look into selling an individual rubber tip. Maybe you could also add it to your service kit also!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 04:43:13 AM by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII
1977 Yamaha XS 360-2D (Cafe Project)

zentrax

• Neophyte
Re: Primary chain adjuster
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »
Hmmm....... This post caught my eye, 'cos i have always wondered if it was possible to install an automatic primary chain tensioner. The new 'uce' engine has one, i wonder if it's possible to create a tensioner to fit into the confines of the current bullet. If it was available, i would jump at it and fit it, and also make up a drain plug for the primary case so its much easier to change the oil. You wouldn't have to remove the cover anywhere near as much if the chain was self tensioning. Hmmm..... :)
Nothing is inexplicable.........only the unexplained......

calman28556

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:47:12 AM »
Ya' got my vote on this.  I've often thought about some sort of chain adjuster/tensioner for the Bullet.  Wouldn't have to get down and dirty as often.
On the Road - Again. And Again, And Again.

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
      Another issue that I don't see often. I can't remember the last time I replaced an adjuster. We hardly ever even find them out of adjustment  when we service a bike. Perhaps it is the oil-Torco TR-1, 20W50.

clamp

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:47:27 AM »
I wanted to buy a spare tensioner in India when I bought the bike , They almost refused to sell me one,--  shaking there head they said they never wear out!!

You might be able to worry it loose though.

Its just a spring slide.  It only takes up slap and snaking,-- not really tensions it.

Dont forget tension side is slack side on over run.

car cam chain tensioners don't wear out and they are not in a bath!!!
I would never be a member of a cub that would have me as a member