HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Two clasics

in
Members Rides

48 Guests, 3 Users
gizzo, medioXcore, KommMaster
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2014, 09:12:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 2296 times)

polock

• Neophyte
Newbie Here
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »
I hope to get a good start on this forum here. If this is the wrong place to post these kind of questions, advise me and move my post to the right place.

I have acquired a Royal Enfield with a Lombardini Diesel engine in it.

Here are my questions ..
Being new to this bike I would like to know for sure what type it is ... Bullet etc. and how would I tell.
Is there a VIN# for the motorcycle and where would it be located at .. and a serial number location for the engine.
There are some issues with the starting of the little diesel that I'm trying to work through. But I am interested in the basics at this time.

I am not new to motorcycles .. I own a 01 1800 goldwing (my third wing)and my wife rides  a 1500 goldwing trike. There is a Screamin' Eagle in my future, but ........

The Enfield is a project and I hope to have it up and running soon. There is a Cozy side car with it.
It looks like a fun bike ... I doubt I will ride it much, due to the fact I'm 6' 2" and tip the scales at about 230lbs. I think I would stress the bike out.

Thanks Polock

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
polock,

Welcome!

I hope someone can help you out.

I haven't seen any references to diesals on the forum (but it is still a new forum).

The 'chaps' over on the Hitchcock's bulletin board might be able to help you as well.

Matt