HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

500 as she was

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2014, 03:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Australian Enfield Twin Cylinder Conversion  (Read 1374 times)

TBDN

• Neophyte
Australian Enfield Twin Cylinder Conversion
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
Maybe something for Royal Enfield to think about? http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/12/22/carberry-enfield-double-barrel-v-twin/

If they did a factory version it would certainly be cheaper than the custom modded version from down under.

jonapplegate

• Grand Gearhead
  • you stand tall when you stoop to help
Re: Australian Enfield Twin Cylinder Conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 02:58:57 AM »
 I bet you could add the 535 barrels to this and have 1070cc displacement. Over on yahoo forum there is a frequent poster who built a 612 that he rides all the time. There are a lot of hidden costs beyond just the initial cas layout. I mention this because he said he went through several clutch variations before ending up getting the full race unit because nothing else would hold, not even miracle clutch. I wonder how much more you would have to replace besides the engine?
 There is another Aussie fellow who specializes in building new and improved Indian parts. Like Engines and Transmissions. I have noticed a lot of Enfield Indian parts he occasionally offers. I was wondering if that new and improved engine is based on the early Enfield Twin and if so could it be mounted into a Bullet frame or where the mounting points different for Indian? I have heard it said that Interceptor twins mount into Bullet frames relatively easily but the frame is a bit weak perhaps.
  Just wondering. Did you hear that Carberry? cool.