HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Chumma's ACE Fireball and Singh's Black Stallion G5

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2015, 09:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Loss of top end  (Read 4217 times)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Loss of top end
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 10:52:54 PM »
Thanks for all the inputguys. I'm not too worried about top end anyway. Only reason for a speed check is curiosity. After remembering back on the days of makeshift mods on old dirt bikes (I'm talking early 70s), I think I know what happened.

I got a dyno run sheet from CMW, taken when they installed their kit on their own bike. By dyno run showed less hp than theirs, but more torque. After shaking loose a few brain cells, I'd be willing to bet the difference in in the fact that I have far less back preasure on my bike. A certain amount of restriction is beneficial.

I remember on my old trail bike, I'd remove the baffle when heading to the hills for a bit more low end power, but put it back in during the week when riding to school and back for better cruising speed.

As ir is, I like the feel of 30 pounds at the rear wheel. HP may be a bit down, but on the flat roads of Florida, who cares.

I might pick up another silencer and swap them to see what the difference is. (I drilled holes in the baffle of mine for better motor music.