HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

1954 350

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2015, 04:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: woodsman exhaust???  (Read 83 times)

Andy 535

• Neophyte
Re: woodsman exhaust???
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »
Try contacting Watsonian: http://www.watsonian-squire.com/ as I believe it was them that created the Woodsman shown in your pictures.
it just came of in me 'and chief!

Adrian II

• Bulleteer
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
Yep,

that monstrosity was the creation of the ex-UK importer Watsonian-Squire, who sold their parts inventory to our friends at Hitchcock's.

Frankly this is the ugliest of all the W-S conversions, the old style right-hand high level pipe fitted to the classic Woodsman is tons better looking and can be adapted for Electra-X cylinder heads and even the UCE models, judging by the second picture:

OK, that's for street scramblers, but if you are keeping yours as a cafe racer it should work too. There was someone in the UK who had a stunning C.I. 500 Bullet cafe racer with a Woodsman exhaust, it really suited it. There's a picture on the Hitchcock's site:

Nfield Gear may still have these pipes.

A.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:18:28 PM by Adrian II »
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

armando_chavez

• Bulleteer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »
thanks that cae high pipe is the exact look id like to go for.  Im even considering the trials high pipe, I wish I could try before I buy haha.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:32:02 PM »
Just FYI, it is probably the worst pipe imaginable for any performance aspect.
Horribly tight bend right off the head, and the hot pipe runs right under the carb, heating the intake air and destroying hp.

armando_chavez

• Bulleteer
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:40 PM »
if I used that pipe I was thinking about using a heat shield in between the carb and pipe.  I doubt I will, but I do like the look. ill probably end up with a 15 degree bend and a short mega like this one.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-stainless-steel-reverse-cone-shorty-motorcycle-muffler-80-1750.html

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »
Your best bet is to use the Gold Star style swept back header pipe for the AVL, and put that short megaphone on it, and it would be sweet!

armando_chavez

• Bulleteer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 05:50:25 PM »
I would love to do that but HC or nfield doesn't sell the header pipe alone :( for the electra.