HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Bonneville

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 08:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cush drive question  (Read 138 times)

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Scooter
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Cush drive question
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
The upgrades to my 2002 recently have boosted it's power to the point that my clutch is now having some trouble holding on.
 Since I'm goin into the clutch for renewal & upgrades anyway, Is that "Clutch Cush Drive" Kit offered by Hitchcocks worth the investment? haven't found any reviews or feedback for it yet. Thanks everyone, R.Tillery
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: Cush drive question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:28:20 PM »
As long as the cush drive rubbers in your rear hub are in good shape, that's all you need. You could check them. They take up the shock in the final drive.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Scooter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »
Oh yeah, all in the axle & rear hub seems to be in order, are you familiar with the 2 part clutch center with the rubber separators? (pt. # 200400) Looks like they're only for the 4spds.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »
Oh yeah, all in the axle & rear hub seems to be in order, are you familiar with the 2 part clutch center with the rubber separators? (pt. # 200400) Looks like they're only for the 4spds.
I don't know of anyone who has used it. We have never used one on any of our builds. Seems superfluous.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Scooter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
Very good, Heavy Duty springs with a clutch rebuild kit it is then, I finally got my runnin temp down to a steady 220 deg F, I'd like it lower(160-180), but I can work with 220 top(least the seats should stay put) Thanks Again, R.Tillery

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
Very good, Heavy Duty springs with a clutch rebuild kit it is then, I finally got my runnin temp down to a steady 220 deg F, I'd like it lower(160-180), but I can work with 220 top(least the seats should stay put) Thanks Again, R.Tillery
220 is good because you need to boil off any water that condenses inside the engine and ends up in the oil, creating that white gooey 'mayonnaise' stuff that clogs the breather. This helps keep the moisture out.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 09:38:22 PM »
+1
160-180 is really too cold. The water and other contaminants won't be boiled out of the oil at those temps.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Scooter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:06 PM »
Yeah, maybe I'll have it broke-in by spring & all will be well, I was just hopin for a cooler top end temp as it's pretty cool outside, these triple digit East Tx. summers can really take it's toll on air cools, plus I'm a pretty heavy fella.