HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Fireball#10

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any Michigan riders out there??  (Read 5799 times)

GMElectra

• Neophyte
Re: Any Michigan riders out there??
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »
It is almost warm wether again and I have been thinking over a trip in the upper lower for some time.  I am on the Mich/Ohio border, so would trailor bike to Muskegon probably and then travel lakeshore to Mackinaw and back.  Late June would be soonest I would attempt it as the wether can be far from predictable and usually a month behind SE Michigan.  Slow with lots of stops to take in the sites, maybe an evening at one of the wine destinations as well.

JJ1234567

• Neophyte
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »
I would love to go!  Looking at my map, it would be easy to meet you either where m-20 hits m-31 or where 10 hits ludington.  would be fun!

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »
JJ,

It's not north, but here's an event for early summer that should be worth a ride:

http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/html/events.php

I went to the Gilmore a couple years ago, it is a beautiful place. The cars are mostly pre-war, if you are a classic car fan, its worth visiting. Kalamazoo has a great air museum too (they call it the air zoo) that is mostly WWII planes, but they have an SR71 Blackbird.

All in all, a nice place to spend a weekend.
Endeavor To Persevere

JJ1234567

• Neophyte
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 05:15:00 AM »
Ive been down to the Air Zoo, that place rocks.  Id sell my left leg to fly one of those tigercats they have in the back hanger.    I might have to check that out, looks like a good time.

sasquatch

• Neophyte
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 05:32:05 AM »
Ijust took my kids to the AirZoo... it was great!  have to go back some time when I have more time to play!  It looked like they had some pretty neat flight simulators for adults that went upsidedown and everything.  There is even a few antique motorcycles in the east campus building.  It would make a nice stop on a ride, but you really need time to see everything.
- sasquatch -
"Never pound with a large wrench, when a smaller one will do."

JJ1234567

• Neophyte
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »
As for the event you mentioned, June 8th should be a fine day for riding.  Id love to go down there.  Still want to get a group of people to ride up the lakeshore sometime in may though.

michigandon

• Scooter
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »
I'm in Jackson County and a soon-to-be Bullet owner. Always try to make it "Up North" at least once a year. Would possibly be interested in joining other for a scenic cruise.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 05:05:34 PM »
I kind of envy you guys up in the northern stares. You have a lot of great riding roads (at least in the summer). You also have a lot more RE owners within reach.

I live in NW Florida and feel kind of like an orphan. I would be willing to bet there are a lot more riders out there, we just need to get them to post on the riders map. I wonder if there might be way way to use the new RE club to send a mass mailing or email to everyone who bought a bike, and ask them to get involved.

On the other hand, it might overwhelm the forum we all enjoy so much.

JJ1234567

• Neophyte
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 03:32:08 AM »
I would like to get a group together to go north in mid july.  I plan on taking 3 days off for my birthday (july 14th) and would like to ride up north to the UP.  I will post a seperate thread when I get details, but if anyone is interested, pipe up with some specifics (IE where would be best for everyone to meet up, central, west shore, etc).  It should be fun.   ;D

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
Cool.

Post the info when you decide.

I am still hoping to ride to the Gilmore show in a couple weeks, but I still haven't got the bike completely back together and sorted, so I may have to break down and go by car.
Endeavor To Persevere

michigandon

• Scooter
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
I am off from 7/11-7/14!  ;D

michigandon

• Scooter
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »
Hey,

The Mrs and I have a little tradition where we always take a trip on the weekend after Labor Day.  8) This year we've decided to take our new [to us] bikes up to the northern lower and ride the "tunnel of trees", per a suggestion from my boss.  ;D If anyone wants to join up with us they're more than welcome to do so. We'll probably be camping somewhere in the Petoskey area.