HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

old 1981 but as like new

in
Members Rides

54 Guests, 2 Users
dginfw, Arizoni
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 01:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Right combination  (Read 1051 times)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Right combination
« on: May 02, 2009, 12:07:39 AM »
I was thumbing through the new CMW catalog today and noticed there is now a performance head for the AVL. I had already been thinking of using the 535 AVL piston/rings in my bike if and when it comes time for a top end job. Now I'm thinking that I could add the new head to the equation. I have to wonder though, with a better flowing head and larger displacement, would my 30mm flat slide make my engine under-carburetted?

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Right combination
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:51:08 AM »
If I may- I thought the 535 kit was for the iron barrel only.  Is there indeed a 535 kit for the AVL?
Run what ya brung

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:12 AM »
Uncle Ernie, it is not really a kit per se, just a 535 piston and rings for the AVL. The bike shop I use can easily do the bore job for me if I decide to do it.

Travis

• Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
Just to Clear any confusion on this we do now offer a 535 kit for the AVL. The kit consists of a cylinder, fitted forged 535 piston w/ rings and the gaskets. Along with the kit we also offer a Performance head that has new Ampco valve guides, Black Diamond valves, three angle valve job, porting and milled. We also offer just the piston and rings for the AVL which is a forged piston in either stock or 535 sizes for those of you wanting to have your cylinder worked by your own shop.     ;D

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 01:38:57 AM »
Thanks Travis. Now, back to my original question: If I go with both head and big-bore kit, what would be the best carb?