HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

The Cruiser and the Cafe Racer

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 11:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beehive Tail Light  (Read 2063 times)

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
Beehive Tail Light
« on: May 20, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
I have it and I want to install it.  I want to make sure I don't bork it though.  haha.

Does anyone have good advice on how to resolve the wiring with the rear fender?  There is a rather large bundle of wiring there and harnesses and I wouldnt have a convenient place to hide them with this light.
How did you install yours in relation to the holes already in the fender?  I can use the bottom bolt on the light in the bottom small hole below the large hole but that leaves me with a 1/4 inch discrepancy where I need to drill another hole that is almost right at the top of the large one where the wires come through... it would almost just be part of the large hole and not even a seperate hole... if that makes any sense at all..  haha.

Thanks for any advice you have!
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

rideOn

• Grand Gearhead
  • And on the eighth day, God said...."Let's Ride."
Re: Beehive Tail Light
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:14 PM »
I just installed the LED tombstone which came with instructions for the beehive. I cut the connectors off and threw them away and soldered the connections. On the LED, the mounting screws feed through the light housing and could use a couple of rubber washers between the liight and fender. Otherwise, tightening the light to the fender pulls on the housing inside the light. I did not use washers in the beginning and to get the fixture tight to the fixture caused the wires to pulls loose from the LED circuit board. I used the existing holes and drilled the single new hole above the larger hole for wiring. I wanted the light higher on the fender for visibilty and the license plate bracket underneath the light. I think the beehive already dictates where the plate goes, so your may have to go with the new hole lower. Sorry I'm not a big help, but I think your light has a pre-arranged plate location.
'82 gs850gl
'08 v-star 650 classic

Phlakaton

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 08:18:04 PM »
ya... the license plate is illuminated from the top of the beehive light.  I will need to mount a bit lower than I want in my case.  Thanks for the response!
'08 Bullet 500 Iron ES

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:48:59 PM »
Do a search on beehive and my name, and there is some info on it. You hace to drill new holes.
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville