HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

07 ele start

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2015, 01:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Big 9000 mile Road Trip - Australia  (Read 13 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Big 9000 mile Road Trip - Australia
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:56:09 PM »
I thought this might be a good area to start a thread on my coming 6 week road trip via car which will cover around 9,000 miles in Central Australia and the top end of the Northern Territory.
We plan to see such places as Coober Pedy the Opal capital of Australia where it's that hot in summer they build their houses underground to escape the heat. not just houses ..the church too!
Then drive up to Alice Springs the heart of Australia and on to Ayer's Rock/Ularu
and kata Tjuta or the Olgas plus venture into a few of the gorges etc etc. This area I hope to sight a few of the wild camels which roam the area from stock which were imported to Australia in the late 1800's
Then fire off up the track to Katherine and to the famous Katherine Gorge then onto kakadu national park and all the sights. Here we have the salt water no swimming in the water style crocodile which has a reputation for the odd Aussie or tourist for lunch....and I mean lunch!
From Darwin we plan to head towards the West Aust border and over to look at the famous prison Boab tree which was once used as a prison to house the locals - or so they say.
Best of all these photos will be shot on a pretty good camera and I will be using the new 4k video mode which is 4 times sharper than HD
For some places of interest I plan a few helicopter flights over certain areas of the trip for a birds eye view of the county.
Now it's a car trip well actually a sports car trip with a difference and they journey will involve sealed and dirt roads plus the opportunity to drive past the huge Northern territory road trains which pull thripple trailer behind their prime move and can be 150 ft in length.
So there is no Royal Enfield ride involved so if you think you want to read or see a bit about the Aussie countryside from a local and not a tourist -here's you chance to say if you really want to read the threads and view photos plus the video uploads. Now even it you have no interest in this part of world travel as it doesn't involve a motorcycle I am sure I can pull something out of the trip which could make it worth the view.
Lets see now ...What you think!
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt
2014 C5 tan
2015 black/chrome awaiting delivery

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead