HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Wedding at the Santa Barbara Mission

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 07:34:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Worst Pain Ever  (Read 287 times)

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Worst Pain Ever
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 03:50:36 AM »
So my back is still a big pile of crap.  Some friends suggested I get a tens unit, apparently they are available everywhere now for under $50.  Hopefully that will help with some relief, because this pain is absurd.     :-[

Sorry to hear that Scottie. I use a TENs that I got from Walgreens for about 45ish. I use it for shoulders and neck from time to time. I like it. It takes the edge off things. The cheap ones are no where the stuff you'd find in a chiros office or therapist. So just heads up on expectations.  Make sure you get one that has lots of different modes so you can find what works for you.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

ToesNose

• Bulleteer
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:15 PM »
Scottie did they take X-rays, if so any signs of cervical degeneration? I have it in my back from a gymnastics injury and chiropractor, tens unit and massage therapy have all helped over the years but exercising regularly is the only thing that has truly kept it feeling well for me. Don't give up you can feel better again, but most importantly you need to find out what is causing the pain to begin dealing with it.
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan on order

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »
No, they didn't take xrays.  I was supposed to schedule an appointment but I don't have insurance right now.  So I'm trying to tough it out for now.  I have found that sleeping with a pillow under my knees and having a heating pad on my back helps quite a bit.
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer  ~  1959 Enfield/Indian Chief

ToesNose

• Bulleteer
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
« Reply #18 on: Today at 12:19:39 PM »
Check in your area to see if there are any Chiropractic schools, they may offer free or reduced rate services which would include X-rays  ;)
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan on order