HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My new ride.

in
Members Rides

41 Guests, 3 Users
B5 Ben, gizzo, PipesUp
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 07:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My New Plan  (Read 9016 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Re: My New Plan
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
I'll fix it one of these days.  ;)

See?  Such a heavy obligation having a nice-looking bike!! 

Edit:  finally got the footrest bar in...supported frame on both sides at the footrest bar bosses with a friend helping steady the bike, and with a little downward pressure on the frame, it slipped in.  Fumbled with spacers for a bit and got it completely through.  Little nub left over needed about an inch of spacer so I could snug it down tight.

It's these little things that make this job hard!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:38:56 PM by AgentX »

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:13 PM »

Got the shift linkage and kicker set.  (Nevermind the direction of the folded peg--just worked out that way for this mockup.)

More interestingly, I had the African Machine Shop adventure this morning, getting the stem prepped to take the taper roller bearing for the new headset setup.

Big on color, awesome old lathes, and the most voluminous collection of blocks and cranks on earth.  Not big on safety gear.  But they did like surgical masks if not shoes, eye pro, or gloves.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #137 on: Today at 06:51:30 AM »
Carb and airbox mounting.  Have some interference with tank mount tabs so I will have to get some grinding going to make it fit together.

Getting started with the oil hosing.  From cases to external filter, up to forward head oil input, and across to the rear.