HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My ride

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 11:22:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A technical question for Ace or Kevin M...  (Read 40 times)

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
A technical question for Ace or Kevin M...
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:35:52 PM »
I'd like to know about the Micarb carburetors regarding the use of geuine Mikuni main and pilot jets. Also,are the Micarb units license built or an unauthorized copy like most(if not all) of the Chineeeese products? I presume they are license built.......

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: A technical question for Ace or Kevin M...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:53:57 PM »
I'd like to know about the Micarb carburetors regarding the use of geuine Mikuni main and pilot jets. Also,are the Micarb units license built or an unauthorized copy like most(if not all) of the Chineeeese products? I presume they are license built.......
The Mikarb will use Mikuni pilot jets, Mikuni main jets, and Mikuni throttle slide.
It will NOT use Mikuni needle jets, and they are proprietary, and no Mikuni needle jet can fit into a Mikarb. You must get needle jets from Nfield Gear or Hitchcock.

Regarding any licensing issues, I have no idea.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

Sam Simons

• Grease Monkey
Re: A technical question for Ace or Kevin M...
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:39:02 AM »
OK,Ace,thank you for the information. That's good to know,as I have a 4S project in mind that the Micarb VM24 should do well in. The proprietary needle jet issue could be a show stopper,however,if the N/J isn't of the Bleed type. My application would be in another engine,200cc ,2 valve,OHV/OHC  design.

Sam