HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

ready to go bags included

in
Members Rides

76 Guests, 2 Users
bluesdaddy2, medioXcore
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parts Unlimited  (Read 7600 times)

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: Parts Unlimited
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Not to beat it to death,  but looks like a possible opportunity for someone to become a RE parts warehouse .com kinda thing.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

Lane

• Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 02:10:50 AM »
 18 teeth on the AVL.

bigweasel

• Scooter
  • the scythe that cuts the grain
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34:09 AM »
"Both sides have people on them, and one party is benefiting, so humanity as a whole met their goal."

Geirskogul,
i don't think it is quite the THEM or US situation with RE.... my experience with various aspects of the RE parts and dealer network have been markedly more positive than those with, oh, say a certain german brand known for their opposed twin. (they can gouge you good and right). the system is flawed but necessary, as i don't think we're ready for a buy on the interweb only motorcycle brand yet. perhaps a compromise position, or an alternative that would benefit both dealers and consumers... any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:48:45 PM by bigweasel »
"come to kindly terms with your ass, for it bears you"

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
     There is no perfect model that will satisfy everyone or every perceived need. This model should strengthen the dealer network, leading to more volume of bikes and parts. This will stabilize and possibly even lower prices in the long term. Not all change is bad, nor is the change a deep dark plot to stiff the customer. Kevin is doing a hell of a job to advance the brand. So far he has made no significant mis-step. He is a wiz at long term planning. Let's give him a chance with this.

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »
I have ordered all my parts so far from Nfield for my UCE and my dealer is a small shop that like many in Canada took on RE as an additional line to enlarge their business.

If you go to a lot of the web-sites of Canadian dealers the only mention of RS is a hot link to the site and I am not even sure some of them keep any stock on site - bikes or parts.

I know it is a new product and hopefully will continue to grow but I cant see any dealers in Canada keeping a stock of common products to be shipped from where ever that wont have to be shipped twice - once to them then to the customer.

When you have a "dealer" for most bikes they have all the "normal"" stuff in their shop and a lot of accessories or at least examples in stock but that aint the case here.

Everyone is right - someone with a half decent warehouse of parts and supplies many of which may not be even RE but will fit the bike as aftermarket would do well

BB
Dr B

Platypyr0

• Neophyte
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
Hello all. I'm new to motorcycling, RE, & this site & I have an anecdotal story along the lines of this discussion. I bought my first bike in September 2010, a 2010 RE Bullet 500 Military (the EFI or UCE engine as I think those are interchangeable). I now, in July 2011, have over 7,700 miles on it.

I've had some issues here & there, but nothing major UNTIL... in late April, at around 6,200 miles, the final drive chain sheered all of the teeth off the rear sprocket. The dealer where I have all the work done covered it under warranty, but they had it 3-1/2 weeks (nearly a month). They said that they could have it done in about an hour once they had the part, but they were waiting for it to arrive that entire time.

I don't blame them for the wait, nor RE for the issue; it's just one of those things. Still, as a first bike owner, that was not encouraging for the ability to get parts when needed. Even after everything & new issues arising, I knew what I was getting myself into. I LOVE my RE & would buy it again given the chance, but my friends are shaking their heads & telling me to get rid of it. I won't, but it doesn't bode well for their impressions from the outside looking in...

-Jonathan
near Atlanta, GA, USA

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »
Welcome to the Forum.  :)

Sorry about your problem getting a new sprocket but after looking thru the NfieldGear section they don't show any rear sprockets for the new UCE bikes.  Kinda strange.

As for your friends thoughts, I'm sure they mean well but I'm betting they are probably "into" the new style bikes.
Nothing against the new style bikes but for some of us they just don't give the pleasures of riding a classic from the past.

Sometimes a person has to put up with a few hardships to have something they really enjoy.  :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 02:44:41 AM »
The rear sprockets for the "new" bikes are the same as the "old" bikes. They haven't changed in at least 15 years. A loose chain or a worn chain will tear up a sprocket in very short order.

Platypyr0

• Neophyte
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 12:26:29 PM »
@ Blue Ridge:
I haven't had too much of an issue yet (other than that one), but definitely "note to self" on that one.