HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ancient Order of Royal Enfield riders of Cape Cod

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 11:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BAAAAAD news...  (Read 1019 times)

csbdr

• Bulleteer
BAAAAAD news...
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:17:53 PM »
i just got a call from my dealer who told me the transmission work is going to broaden to ALL US imported C5's.  Not officially a recall yet, but ultimately DOT wants a recall put out on these bikes as well, even though there haven't been any reported problems.

Weeeeeelll.....yesterday I was cruising around 50-53 mph in 5th, and my tranny starts making the "death squeal" which sounds like is a precurser to things binding to the shaft.  Went away shifting down to 4 and was OK for a bit in 5th again, when it recurred. Went away downshifting again, and didn't happen again, but I think I'm grounded.  Steve has the kits, except for 2nd gear which sounds like will be to him early next week.

crapola...good thing I got the Ural back on the road.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Re: BAAAAAD news...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
Oh well, If it happens it happens, I ain't gonna be too concerned either way. I already know what a great bike this is. Who wouldn't want a free upgrade?  ;D I am sorry to hear you are having tranny problems, I hope they can get to it fast.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 01:16:23 PM by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »
OH, i am right with ya. I'm not thrilled with the inconvenience, with a bike I've had oh....7 days. Sounds like it'll be fixed MUCH faster than the guys in Europe.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »
Take it in stride man, as Carl Perkins once said " If it weren't for the rocks in it's bed a stream wouldn't have any song"
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association