HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ready for the Run to the Rally on the River

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Traditionalist  (Read 5145 times)

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Re: Traditionalist
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »
drum brakes.  Hutch
T120r bullet, I know what you mean. Only 2 of my bikes get to reside in the warm house during the cold Michigan winters.

Doesn't everyone in Michigan have a heated garage!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote] Well it was another one of those "Fickle Finger of Fate" things for me. I paid off my motgage and extended my Equity line just enough for my 32 x 60 pole barn garage to be built. My contractor quoted me a price for the garage with full concrete floor and I would have enough left for the electrical. Then I planned on saving up my pennies to insulate, finish drywall the inside and put in heat. One problem, for some reason I came home and only part of the garage was concrete. Seems he misunderstood me somehow, so it is now 3 years later and I am still running off an extension chord for power because I spent the power money on the rest of the concrete. No finished inside, no heat. I just got enough money back on my EQ, and the Fickle Finger struck again,I just put a new roof on my house. I'm still standing on my vice and running into the spare bedroom to use my bench mount drill press. I'm using a 110 wire welder while my Lincoln welder sits in the corner of the garage with no 220 to plug it into. It will be a long time before I get heat in the garage at this rate. Someone on this forum said that I could be the poster boy for bad luck, and that isn't far off.       Hutch
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 10:59:02 PM by hutch »
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.