HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

YET MORE CANS

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2015, 12:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's the difference between models?  (Read 198 times)

p144

• Bulleteer
What's the difference between models?
« on: March 24, 2015, 09:48:47 AM »
I've been a RE owner for about 6 mos with a Continental GT. The first RE I saw years ago at a little hole in the wall dealer (who's closed down now for obvious reasons) was a C5. I was really loving on the bike, but THE DEALER was telling me about how antiquated they were and that they couldn't run above 60mph and were really shaking by that point, etc. Needless to say I walked away. Probably for the best in the big picture though. I was newly married and my wife probably wouldn't have seen the value in such a novelty at a time when we were just getting started financially... As compared to when I mentioned the GT to her last summer and she said to go get it because I had earned it, and why was I still standing around talking about it. Lol.

Anyway, I like the GT and might like another model in the future. In the mean time, what are the main differences between the Classic and Bullet? The most obvious difference to me is the dual seat of the Bullet, but I see you can get a dual seat for the Classic too. So can someone point out to my untrained eye the differences between these two models?

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Re: What's the difference between models?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:19:01 PM »
In most respects the bikes are the same. The frames are different but not meaningfully different IMHO. Bullet has 2-19 inch wheels as opposed to the Classic. The Bullet is the original design which started in the 1940's. Drive train is identical. In my mind it really comes down to which to you like better visually

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:30:36 PM »

......... what are the main differences between the Classic and Bullet? ..........

$500
1996 Trophy 1200
2011 RE B5
1979 XS11 w/vetter terraplane
1981 XS11 streetfighter
1983 Venture Royale
1982 CB750K
1971 Triumph Trident
1969 CB450
1966 Sears (puch) 250

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »
Different frame, different wheel sizes, different seat, different paint scheme. Drivetrain etc. is identical. By far the best value in our line..