HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Offroading on the banks of Yamuna river. Delhi

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 03, 2015, 12:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C-5 seat options  (Read 760 times)

Lmundy

• Neophyte
C-5 seat options
« on: September 10, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »
Haven't even made 200 miles yet, but I love every square inch of my new C-5 - the sound, the handling, the awesome front brake - except the seat.  I have a butt the size of Idaho, so there's some side-slopping going on, but mostly where my spine hits the seat it's fairly thin, dense foam over a metal seat pan.  The bike's suspension is wonderful, and I don't think the seat springs are much more than retro-decorative, so I've been looking for alternatives, maybe the ones with little interior springs that would have a little more "give."  I'd also like to sit back a little further, but while the CMW site advertises a couple seats that sit you back further relative to the regular Bullet seat, the C-5 seat is just as big as those, about 15" X 13".

There are seats that advertise they bolt directly to the shock bolts (I particularly like the Sedona brown one), but I don't know whether my shock bolts are in the same relative place.  There are seats with two supporting springs similar to the C-5, but the springs appear to be flat-bottomed, like they are to go into some sort of carrier.  The C-5 seat springs terminate in a vertical loop that bolts to a lug on the frame, so it doesn't appear a spring seat for other models will be compatible.  Is there anyone out there who can look at a C-5 seat, and then go a few steps and look at a regular Bullet, and tell me whether I'm up a creek for now?