HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Converted Diesel Enfiield

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some leaders  (Read 9318 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Need some leaders
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »
We really need some leaders to step forward and get this club on the move. It is languishing for lack of people to do the work and make it into something worthwhile for the members. We can help some, but we are far too busy to run the club and besides it may not be the best thing if we did. I see a symbiotic relationship as best.
Anyone want to step forward? If so please do it here among yourselves.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: Need some leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »
I'll be happy to write some articles for the issues, like I was doing for Geoff.

I don't have the capacity to put together the newsletter, but I can contribute technical articles.

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54:26 AM »
Is it something that can be divvied up, like a board of trusties? With differing titles and responsibilities ?.That way, somebody , or a few people will not get burned out or overwhelmed.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

geichal

• Grease Monkey
  • REA #64 ...not quite done, but close...
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »
I would be willing to do what I can.
geichal

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 04:09:52 AM »
I will help.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

geichal

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
Now What?
geichal

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
This is the time that the leaders take the bull by the horns

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:27:44 PM »
Back in the days when your pet brontasaurus broke his chain and the neighbors kid disappeared weren't considered just a coincidence, clubs had a function;  they gave people an opportunity to review Roberts Rules of Order, provided an excuse to get away and have a few beers, kick tires, maybe figure out where to get a good used fram spindle, and force George to collect money for the new patches (since he was late when the vote was taken).

Now, with forums on a computer and all- what exactly does a club DO?
Run what ya brung

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »
I think one problem this organization has is that we are all so geographically separted. Communicating on the forum is great, and the newsletter is a fun read, but aside from that, the one function of a bike club should be to organize rides.

I would be willing to bet that there are thousands of owners who we don't hear from on the forum. Membership in the club is small compared to all the people out there. If everyone who rides an RE could be contacted (through dealerships perhaps) maybe we could organize some get togethers. I wish everyone ould get on the map. I know there are a lot of southeast riders (especially Florida) that I haven't run into. I may even have another RE rider around the corner from me and not know it.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that for me, a club should provide a sense of community. With the way we're spread out, that may not be possible.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
I have the ability to print many paper copies of flyers, and newsletters, up to a couple hundred pages a month or so, more if its less often with a good lead time, to mail to people. If we got ahold of some addresses of non forum participants we could show them the value of the whole thing with a paper copy to peruse at their leisure. Perhaps put one of aces write ups in each issue, along with useful tips and general RE knowledge along with fun trivia and other stuff.

Also if we could find out where there are dense enough concentrations of RE owners we could put together Quarterly or so meetings.

I am here to help, but how do I join the REA?
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

geichal

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »

Now, with forums on a computer and all- what exactly does a club DO?
[/quote]
That seems to be the question of the day, what is out purpose?  Other than the unification of RE owners (a forum can do that)?  So boys, what is out purpose?
geichal

Articles about techy info, trips, gatherings, history, and other points of interest, chat etc. can all be covered easier on a forum.  In fact, that is how BIR (Brit Iron Rebels) operates.  Prospects seek a sponsor from the member list. (Prospect must own a working bike appropriate to the club, Vintage British or modern variation) Said prospect is expected to participate in a certain number of events with the most local clan (a concentration of members in a certain local forms clans) within a year, participate actively on the forums.  After a year, the sponsor can nominate the prospect for full membership by vote of the active members.  That is how another club operates, we don't need to have that rigid of a membership criteria.  Maybe, members need to have a operable RE, and participate actively on the forums in addition to RE gatherings if possible.  Have a reasonable annual membership fee to cover expenses, some cool swag (patches/shirts/hats).  Officer could include Pres./ VP, Treasurer, and Secretary.  Just some thoughts to get the ball rolling.

geichal

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 01:29:55 AM »
This is the time that the leaders take the bull by the horns
Looks like a few folks are reaching for the horns: but no bull......yet.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 03:17:10 AM »
I was thinking the same thing myself

single

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:08 AM »
wouldn't there need to be some kinda steering comitee to get a start on just what the "mission" is,goals and so on?Say 4+ to talk face to face, figure out what a start would look like.Mite want to think about zones,since we are pretty widely separated,later.That way we could have zone meets.I should think we mite look into where the epicenter of ownership lies and zero in on that area.If we could get going on it,leaders will show up,they always do.Perhapsa successful dealer mite like to sponser a meeting place.I,by the way am not a member yet.I reckon there is a fee for membership,but I will come in as soon as I can.This would need several people able to commit.Maybe if we post all over the forum we would reach more folks.Canvas for it,sorta.I see a lot of really smart fellers on here,gotta be some experience in this line.Ladies too,don't wanna ignore them.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 05:58:05 AM »
 I think that the strength of the club will be in the local and regional groups with the " head quarters" or whatever its rightly called, being the central archives and information nexus.

Since CMW sponsors the club but is not the club it makes sense that instigators and agitators  ;) organizers and motivators come from the grass roots.

Its nice that the club is not a marketing ploy for the dealerships too.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
It seems to me that there is an extrodinarily high number of RE owners in the State of Washington. I  would like to help move things along but I have limited computer skills and with a full time job, two kids and some committee work with te t6own I live in I am not able to commit to a lot of time.
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:24 PM »
I belong to the Brit Iron Rebels, another forum based club.  What we did to help with cohesiveness was to form regional "clans" basd on concentration of members, then have some leaders with each small groups to organize on the local level; rides, swag, etc. .  Hasn't worked well where I live, as members are spread faaaar apart in the Northeast (except in "The City"), but has worked out GREAT in other areas of the country.

GeorgeE

• Scooter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
As a  new poster and a non REA member this is probably none of my business but the REOCNA has been in existance for a long time and,due to the geographical constraints , seems to have the same issues you are discussing here. I've belonged for a couple years and truthfully have never met another member face to face at a REOC function.They do have an annual get together but it's a long haul for most. I don't know if RE owners are naturally reticent or what but there must be enough owners in each geographical area to at least meet up for a ride. Working through your local dealer( and local is a vary loose term when it comes to RE dealers ) might be the best way.  I know my local dealer( M&S cycles in Scotia NY) hs sold 8 or 10 bikes since he started but even these owners are spread out a bit due to him being the only guy in a fairly large area.
One place where a couple of us RE guys do get together is at MId Ohio in July. We've "gotten to know" each other through another board and meet up there if we can.
None of this is a solution to the issues presented but just a little insight from my admittedly brief experince with this type of thing.
At any rate I'm near the capital district in New York and if there is anyone here nearby let me know and maybe we can get together for a ride come spring. Or stop by for a visit.
I'll butt out now.
George
47 G
5? Bullet
58 Trailblazer
59Constellation
61 Hornet
64 500 Twin
64 Interceptor
2007 Electra

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
As a  new poster and a non REA member this is probably none of my business but the REOCNA has been in existance for a long time and,due to the geographical constraints , seems to have the same issues you are discussing here.
George, thanks for the thoughts. Its anyone business that is concerned or interested.

GeorgeE

• Scooter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »
Repozer
Well as I haven't been shouted down i will say that I checked the community map which I hadn't noticed before. Not many folks on there So either they don't want to divulge their location or there really aren't that many RE enthusiasts around.
I have no idea if it would work but suppose there was a forum headiing for personal contact. Say ride planner or get together or some such. Folks could post there whereabouts and maybe hook up with someone at least marginally close. As I said in my previous post I make one big event a year and that's Mid Ohio. I take a week off and do a leisurely trip out and back( about 1300 miles round trip for me). It's a great event and could be a possible meet up for anyone who's fairly close. Maybe some on here already attend . Maybe I should start a thread about Mid Ohio as a possible meet up. It's a fairly central location for the east and midwest anyway.  Think I'll do that.

George
47 G
5? Bullet
58 Trailblazer
59Constellation
61 Hornet
64 500 Twin
64 Interceptor
2007 Electra

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
I think the community map is overlooked a bunch.. Lost in the shuffle.  Also, I know for a fact I have put myself in the damn thing at least twice in the last year but I am not there when I look at it...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »
maybe the map IS over looked for a reason. It's glitchy, it freezes,
and I've been kicked off as well. That's ok...  I've been booted from
better....   
                          oh, never mind - Mike
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!! "
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
"maybe the map IS over looked for a reason. It's glitchy, it freezes,
and I've been kicked off as well. That's ok...  I've been booted from
better....   
                          oh, never mind" - Mike

Amen!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
Double Amen on that
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Theres a last time for everything
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:14 AM »
I just checked and I'm still on the map,but my picture is gone and it wont let me upload a new one. It seems to me that there is an aversion to letting your location be known among Bullet riders. It must be due to the secret nature of these machines, and a homeland security mandate. Tough to have a ride when you don't know where everyone is.

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »
So you want the location of the 'Bat Cave" hmm?
You go first. :)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
O.K. I will instigate and co ordinate.
We will need some folks to pitch in to the shenanigans though.

I can cover down on the north west. We will still need some one for the north east, south east,mid west and south west.

Who want to gather info on trips rides and other interesting things in your area and region ?

Would someone do the editor in chief thing please. I have no litterary skilz  ;D

REA #136

kodai

• Scooter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
Your doing just fine.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
Your doing just fine.

;) :D ;D ;D

Thank do0d I needed the laugh.

We could use some one to publish a one or two page e e-news letter once in awhile with the info submitted by the rest of us.

REA #136

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »
One of the vital components of REA, was someone(s) willing to put together an E- newsletter.

I think something like can be time consuming  for some.

That's why I would recommend several "field editors" to keep from getting overwhelmed.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 10:52:47 PM »
I see it the same way but with a twist.

Each of roughly five regional instigators gather from their Bullet brethren information on rider reports, trips, ,tips, coming and past events, goings ons etc etc boil it down to a regional report and forward it to the editor in chief who organizes and refines it then e publishes.

That format would share the work load and give those of us in the north west not only the scoop of our own backyards but also a view of the happening in other regions as well.

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »
What defines a region?
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 03:51:03 AM »
I can try to something for the South east....until someone with actual talent shows up! ;)
Let me know how to and where to send the compilation when things get set.
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 06:00:55 AM »
Good on you BigDon .

For regions I am thinking North East, South East ,Mid West South West and North West.

We should probably come to a consensus about the geographical coverage of the regions.

REA #136

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »
Suggestion for South East; FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, WV, KY, TN, MS, AL.
BigDon
REA #73

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 06:02:37 PM »
Whenever  CA comes on ,  I am willing to pitch in. I know of at least two RE owners in northern CA besides myself.

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:30 PM »
I'll keep trying for the New York area. 

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 11:44:40 PM »
WA,OR, ID, MT, WY and AK could comprise the N.W

ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, LA,WI, IL, MI, IN and OH could comprise Central

HI, CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM, NV and CO. could comprise the S.W.

ME,VT, NH, NY, PA, NJ, RI, MA, CT, DE, MD and D.C. could comprise the N.E.

We might could add PR and the US Virgin islands to the S.W. and Guam Along with American Samoa to the S.W.

Or we could go by UPS shipping regions or CMW  dealership regions.

REA #136

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »
WA,OR, ID, MT, WY and AK could comprise the N.W
AK mixed in with all those? We are the largest (1/3 the size of the lower 48) and the most independent  State in the Union( don't tel the Texans , they get mad about this)
.That's allot of territory to cover.Course most of it barren.
Besides I think Vince is in WA, ..that would be too many cooks in the kitchen.

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 01:03:05 AM »
There are 57states, surely we can divide them up. Perhaps use ADV riders setup?
REA #25
2008 Royal Enfield Deluxe (Blue)
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 02:25:29 AM »
I heard about that. Maybe AK should be 7 States. That way Texas would be the 8th largest State.

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »

Couldn't resist could ya!  ;D
BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »

I don't want to divide anyone or anything; rather unite.

and

I must've slept through class, what is  ADV riders setup ?

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
They have regional forums set up for the inmates..  An example is the Florida section is Labeled Flatistan...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »
 Adventure Riders Forum divides them up this way.
Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
Maine, New Hampstah, Vermont, Nova Yorke, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware

Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
Maryland, the District, West By God Virginia, The Commonwealth of Virginia, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama

Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakotas

Tejas and the Gulf States
Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas and Oklahoma

The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and Montana

West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
Arizona, California, and Nevada

Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
Washington, Oregon and Idaho

Alaska
Says it all

However, I suggest the city of Asheville, San Fransicko, and Key West have their own section, headed by Uncle Ernie. They are all sanctuary cities, after all.
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Ice

I will take the Southeast as it it grouped in either scenario, my suggestion or the AVD group break down.

I will flip a coin you call it.

We can start with my section and which ever section you take and see if anyone else jumps on board once the train leaves the station!

Am I being too pushy?

Big Don
BigDon
REA #73

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »
Dang Boys...a fight  for the Grand Editor -In-Prez  :P

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »
 :'(
BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 03:57:30 AM »
Dang Boys...a fight  for the Grand Editor -In-Prez  :P

No no no.
 Volunteering to do the job of regional instigators for a bit.

We still need a consensus on regions and an editor in chief.

REA #136

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:44 AM »
in all seriousness, I appreciate what Ice and Big Don and others are doing. It all takes commitment and time.
                       Then I can benefit from a  well oiled RE A.  machine :P

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 04:30:41 AM »
in all seriousness, I appreciate what Ice and Big Don and others are doing. It all takes commitment and time.
                       Then I can benefit from a  well oiled RE A.  machine :P

Thus sayeth the newly volunteered regional instigator and all around neet guy for the frozen hinter lands Wonderful State of Alaska ?  ;D ?

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 06:00:42 AM »
Hey fellow REA members!,

Wanna be the REA instigator/ coordinator for your region?
Its a great job.

For the REgional instigator doors will open, velvet ropes will part, women will swoon and champagne will pour down from the heavens. ( not really, I just wanted to say that stuff )

All you gotta do is collect from your regional REA members tips about places and things of interest in your region that would be of interest to fellow REA members and submit it on occasion to the editor in chief to be e published in a e-newsletter.
That and instigate a get together or maybe a ride once in a while..
Its a great job.

Some work like forwarding e-news letter info can be done from the comfort of your own executive home office while wearing your PJ's and sipping coffee on the couch and enjoining the breathtaking and panoramic view of your own front yard..
 Its a great job.

The field work  is exciting and rewarding as well. Traveling ( at your own expense ) to local events of interest , getting the low down on  bike shops, discovering places to eat and sampling the cuisine  along the way ( at your own expense ), checking out places to hold get togethers and compiling rider reports of routes and trips that would be of interest to your REgional REA brethren.
 Its a great job.

The hours are flexible and you can devote as little or as much time as you like and pay check will never bounce because there ain't one.
 Its a great job.

All that can be yours and you get the title of REgional coordinator / instigator plus a custom made name plate for your office desk/coffee table customized the way you like it by making it yourself !! ( at your own expense )
 Isn't that exciting !!!
 Its a great job.

The REA needs people just like you.
 Step up to the fore front, become a REgional coordinatorinstigator today!
Its a great job !
( not really but somebody's got to do it )
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:25:27 AM by Ice »

REA #136

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »
I'm willing to give it shot in my neck of the woods.  That would be the North East region.  If there are no objections than its settled.  (I'll wait for the fall out now.) 

Really though, I am willing to give it the old college try. Would it help if I went to college in order to try like that? 

I patiently await the list of members that Ice is trying to put together.  Unless of course someone better equiped for this kind of thing comes along.

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 02:31:01 AM »
I'm willing to give it shot in my neck of the woods.  That would be the North East region.  If there are no objections than its settled.  (I'll wait for the fall out now.) 

Really though, I am willing to give it the old college try. Would it help if I went to college in order to try like that? 

I patiently await the list of members that Ice is trying to put together.  Unless of course someone better equiped for this kind of thing comes along.

Sam

Sam, you portray excellent editorail skills and penmanship. Deal sealed.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 02:32:48 AM »
Sam, you portray excellent editorail skills and penmanship. Deal sealed.

I agree wholeheartedly.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:37:04 AM by Ice »

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 02:53:53 AM »
 So lets see here.

With Big Don covering down on the S.W. ragmas in the N.E. REpozer in outer territories ;D and me in the N.W. That should be enough to at least get the news letter going again.

Oh Wait ! We need an editor.
( Can't be me, too many troubles with Vowel Movements  )

REA #136

kodai

• Scooter
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2010, 03:47:47 AM »
vote for Vince

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2010, 04:46:34 AM »
vote for Vince

Vince knows good food especially cheeses.
I nominate him for honorary gastronome in residence.

( seriously he does know good food and if your in the south sound area and want to know where to find the best provolone cheese ask Vince.)

MTA Not to impugn Vince in anyway, his being a dealer might be seen as a conflict of interests.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:04:08 AM by Ice »

REA #136

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:32 AM »
So lets see here.

With Big Don covering down on the S.W. ragmas in the N.E. REpozer in outer territories ;D and me in the N.W. That should be enough to at least get the news letter going again.

Oh Wait ! We need an editor.
( Can't be me, too many troubles with Vowel Movements  )

That would be S "E" , I don't plan to move cause the salary won't quite cover it!!  ;D
BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2010, 06:25:43 AM »
Quote from: BigDon  link=topic=5863.msg81964#msg81964 date=1272087512
That would be S "E" , I don't plan to move cause the salary won't quite cover it!!  ;D

:D ;D

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
In the thread below I suggested moving the discussion to the thread we are in now.
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,7290.0.html

Your thought and opinions please.

REA #136

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 01:39:13 PM »
I would say that if we are actually moving this along then the idea of removing the REA section is moot.  Would it be possible to have folks put in their profile their location?  If they are so willing of course.  If this happened it would be a little easier to get a hold of folks who are not members of the Association. 

Also, the community map is No Functionar.  It seems Frappr has gone the way of the Do-Do.  I will search for a suitable replacement but I do not believe there is one. 

Moving on now.  Yes, maybe, What?  Ok, Talk to you later,

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 05:51:10 PM »
yes  everyone please go to your profile and put in your location . then maybe members in a general location could plan events ,rides etc.
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Ok, I have started my list of contacts in the North East area.  So far I have a grand total of names (including my own.)  I am using the grouping of north east states listed by Ice a few posts back.  I am sure there are more folks on here that live in some of those states.  Let me know!!

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:10 AM »
I think you guys will make it work, and I thought there was no interest in it. Cool!
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »
I think we should re start the news letters on a quarterly basis

Yea,ney, discuss ?

REA #136

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:36 PM »
I say "yeah".  Who wants to be the Editor?

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2010, 12:47:56 AM »
I think it's great that the REA isn't going the way of the dinosaur quite yet. It has such potential. Not much I can do leadership-wise as I am never sure where I am going to be, but I have a few ideas:
1. Narrow the focus. Start with one (or at least very few) primary functions. In the past, I have suggested that the only function in the beginning should be to get RE people together for rides and social opportunities. More functions can be added once we become more of a community.
2. Ask for all visitors to the web site post their location in one place (maybe something like the survey function in forum). Some way to organize people into their respective regions.
3. Ask people to notify their rep of motorcycle events in their area so the information can be disseminated. Maybe just have a place on forum to post by region. This would take a lot of pressure off the reps.
4. Organize at least one regional gathering each year.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »
 I'll do the editor thing for the time being.  I figure if we get our submissions in by the 28th of May I should be able to get something out before the end of the fist week of June.

I never received a single newsletter and would like to continue in the same format, what ever it was.
Any one have an old news letter they can forward me ?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:09:36 AM by Ice »

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
PM me your email and I will forward the last one to you...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
Thank you Br. Garbone,

PM sent.....

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »
I have some subject material for the next news letter.
Any one want to contribute ?
Tech tips, coming events, things of RE interest are always welcomed.

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
darn,, just did the bearing upgrade today, should have taken some pictures and done a bit on it....Hmm, let me think on this...  I'll do something..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
I think we should re start the news letters on a quarterly basis

Yea,ney, discuss ?

Heck, I'd pay twice that. Where do I send my 50 cents?
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 12:09:55 AM »
Heck, I'd pay twice that. Where do I send my 50 cents?

To the uncle crusty foundation for the wearers of assless pants.  ;)

REA #136

Blue Ridge Wheeltor

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
I am writing a biography: "Uncle Ernie-The Man, The Legend". Not sure if I will have it done in time though.
REA #25
2006 Ural Patrol
1978 BMW R 100s--SOLD--
1977 HD XLCR
1971 Triumph Bonneville

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
I can't wait to read that :D
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association