HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

G5 Classic

in
Members Rides

63 Guests, 8 Users (1 Hidden)
ace.cafe, TheContinental, adi-4004, rom1967, GSS, solg, medra42
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 06:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some leaders  (Read 8907 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
Need some leaders
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »
We really need some leaders to step forward and get this club on the move. It is languishing for lack of people to do the work and make it into something worthwhile for the members. We can help some, but we are far too busy to run the club and besides it may not be the best thing if we did. I see a symbiotic relationship as best.
Anyone want to step forward? If so please do it here among yourselves.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: Need some leaders
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:36:28 AM »
I'll be happy to write some articles for the issues, like I was doing for Geoff.

I don't have the capacity to put together the newsletter, but I can contribute technical articles.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:54:26 AM »
Is it something that can be divvied up, like a board of trusties? With differing titles and responsibilities ?.That way, somebody , or a few people will not get burned out or overwhelmed.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

geichal

• Grease Monkey
  • REA #64 ...not quite done, but close...
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »
I would be willing to do what I can.
geichal

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 04:09:52 AM »
I will help.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

geichal

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37:01 PM »
Now What?
geichal

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 04:23:15 PM »
This is the time that the leaders take the bull by the horns

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:27:44 PM »
Back in the days when your pet brontasaurus broke his chain and the neighbors kid disappeared weren't considered just a coincidence, clubs had a function;  they gave people an opportunity to review Roberts Rules of Order, provided an excuse to get away and have a few beers, kick tires, maybe figure out where to get a good used fram spindle, and force George to collect money for the new patches (since he was late when the vote was taken).

Now, with forums on a computer and all- what exactly does a club DO?
Run what ya brung

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »
I think one problem this organization has is that we are all so geographically separted. Communicating on the forum is great, and the newsletter is a fun read, but aside from that, the one function of a bike club should be to organize rides.

I would be willing to bet that there are thousands of owners who we don't hear from on the forum. Membership in the club is small compared to all the people out there. If everyone who rides an RE could be contacted (through dealerships perhaps) maybe we could organize some get togethers. I wish everyone ould get on the map. I know there are a lot of southeast riders (especially Florida) that I haven't run into. I may even have another RE rider around the corner from me and not know it.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that for me, a club should provide a sense of community. With the way we're spread out, that may not be possible.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:24 PM »
I have the ability to print many paper copies of flyers, and newsletters, up to a couple hundred pages a month or so, more if its less often with a good lead time, to mail to people. If we got ahold of some addresses of non forum participants we could show them the value of the whole thing with a paper copy to peruse at their leisure. Perhaps put one of aces write ups in each issue, along with useful tips and general RE knowledge along with fun trivia and other stuff.

Also if we could find out where there are dense enough concentrations of RE owners we could put together Quarterly or so meetings.

I am here to help, but how do I join the REA?
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

geichal

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:45:11 PM »

Now, with forums on a computer and all- what exactly does a club DO?
[/quote]
That seems to be the question of the day, what is out purpose?  Other than the unification of RE owners (a forum can do that)?  So boys, what is out purpose?
geichal

Articles about techy info, trips, gatherings, history, and other points of interest, chat etc. can all be covered easier on a forum.  In fact, that is how BIR (Brit Iron Rebels) operates.  Prospects seek a sponsor from the member list. (Prospect must own a working bike appropriate to the club, Vintage British or modern variation) Said prospect is expected to participate in a certain number of events with the most local clan (a concentration of members in a certain local forms clans) within a year, participate actively on the forums.  After a year, the sponsor can nominate the prospect for full membership by vote of the active members.  That is how another club operates, we don't need to have that rigid of a membership criteria.  Maybe, members need to have a operable RE, and participate actively on the forums in addition to RE gatherings if possible.  Have a reasonable annual membership fee to cover expenses, some cool swag (patches/shirts/hats).  Officer could include Pres./ VP, Treasurer, and Secretary.  Just some thoughts to get the ball rolling.

geichal

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 01:29:55 AM »
This is the time that the leaders take the bull by the horns
Looks like a few folks are reaching for the horns: but no bull......yet.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 03:17:10 AM »
I was thinking the same thing myself

single

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 04:40:08 AM »
wouldn't there need to be some kinda steering comitee to get a start on just what the "mission" is,goals and so on?Say 4+ to talk face to face, figure out what a start would look like.Mite want to think about zones,since we are pretty widely separated,later.That way we could have zone meets.I should think we mite look into where the epicenter of ownership lies and zero in on that area.If we could get going on it,leaders will show up,they always do.Perhapsa successful dealer mite like to sponser a meeting place.I,by the way am not a member yet.I reckon there is a fee for membership,but I will come in as soon as I can.This would need several people able to commit.Maybe if we post all over the forum we would reach more folks.Canvas for it,sorta.I see a lot of really smart fellers on here,gotta be some experience in this line.Ladies too,don't wanna ignore them.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 05:58:05 AM »
 I think that the strength of the club will be in the local and regional groups with the " head quarters" or whatever its rightly called, being the central archives and information nexus.

Since CMW sponsors the club but is not the club it makes sense that instigators and agitators  ;) organizers and motivators come from the grass roots.

Its nice that the club is not a marketing ploy for the dealerships too.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.