HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

my bullet

in
Members Rides

46 Guests, 3 Users
Blown265, bluesdaddy2, AgentX
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 09:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some leaders  (Read 8795 times)

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Need some leaders
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 11:13:44 PM »
It seems to me that there is an extrodinarily high number of RE owners in the State of Washington. I  would like to help move things along but I have limited computer skills and with a full time job, two kids and some committee work with te t6own I live in I am not able to commit to a lot of time.
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:10:24 PM »
I belong to the Brit Iron Rebels, another forum based club.  What we did to help with cohesiveness was to form regional "clans" basd on concentration of members, then have some leaders with each small groups to organize on the local level; rides, swag, etc. .  Hasn't worked well where I live, as members are spread faaaar apart in the Northeast (except in "The City"), but has worked out GREAT in other areas of the country.

GeorgeE

• Scooter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
As a  new poster and a non REA member this is probably none of my business but the REOCNA has been in existance for a long time and,due to the geographical constraints , seems to have the same issues you are discussing here. I've belonged for a couple years and truthfully have never met another member face to face at a REOC function.They do have an annual get together but it's a long haul for most. I don't know if RE owners are naturally reticent or what but there must be enough owners in each geographical area to at least meet up for a ride. Working through your local dealer( and local is a vary loose term when it comes to RE dealers ) might be the best way.  I know my local dealer( M&S cycles in Scotia NY) hs sold 8 or 10 bikes since he started but even these owners are spread out a bit due to him being the only guy in a fairly large area.
One place where a couple of us RE guys do get together is at MId Ohio in July. We've "gotten to know" each other through another board and meet up there if we can.
None of this is a solution to the issues presented but just a little insight from my admittedly brief experince with this type of thing.
At any rate I'm near the capital district in New York and if there is anyone here nearby let me know and maybe we can get together for a ride come spring. Or stop by for a visit.
I'll butt out now.
George
47 G
5? Bullet
58 Trailblazer
59Constellation
61 Hornet
64 500 Twin
64 Interceptor
2007 Electra

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
As a  new poster and a non REA member this is probably none of my business but the REOCNA has been in existance for a long time and,due to the geographical constraints , seems to have the same issues you are discussing here.
George, thanks for the thoughts. Its anyone business that is concerned or interested.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

GeorgeE

• Scooter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »
Repozer
Well as I haven't been shouted down i will say that I checked the community map which I hadn't noticed before. Not many folks on there So either they don't want to divulge their location or there really aren't that many RE enthusiasts around.
I have no idea if it would work but suppose there was a forum headiing for personal contact. Say ride planner or get together or some such. Folks could post there whereabouts and maybe hook up with someone at least marginally close. As I said in my previous post I make one big event a year and that's Mid Ohio. I take a week off and do a leisurely trip out and back( about 1300 miles round trip for me). It's a great event and could be a possible meet up for anyone who's fairly close. Maybe some on here already attend . Maybe I should start a thread about Mid Ohio as a possible meet up. It's a fairly central location for the east and midwest anyway.  Think I'll do that.

George
47 G
5? Bullet
58 Trailblazer
59Constellation
61 Hornet
64 500 Twin
64 Interceptor
2007 Electra

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
I think the community map is overlooked a bunch.. Lost in the shuffle.  Also, I know for a fact I have put myself in the damn thing at least twice in the last year but I am not there when I look at it...
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 12:17:39 AM »
maybe the map IS over looked for a reason. It's glitchy, it freezes,
and I've been kicked off as well. That's ok...  I've been booted from
better....   
                          oh, never mind - Mike
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!! "
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Cabo Cruz

• Papa Juan
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »
"maybe the map IS over looked for a reason. It's glitchy, it freezes,
and I've been kicked off as well. That's ok...  I've been booted from
better....   
                          oh, never mind" - Mike

Amen!
Long live the Bullets and those who ride them!

Keep the shiny side up, the boots on the pegs and best REgards,

Papa Juan

REA:    Member No. 119
BIKE:   2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5
NAME: Perla

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
Double Amen on that
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Theres a last time for everything
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:14 AM »
I just checked and I'm still on the map,but my picture is gone and it wont let me upload a new one. It seems to me that there is an aversion to letting your location be known among Bullet riders. It must be due to the secret nature of these machines, and a homeland security mandate. Tough to have a ride when you don't know where everyone is.

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »
So you want the location of the 'Bat Cave" hmm?
You go first. :)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »
O.K. I will instigate and co ordinate.
We will need some folks to pitch in to the shenanigans though.

I can cover down on the north west. We will still need some one for the north east, south east,mid west and south west.

Who want to gather info on trips rides and other interesting things in your area and region ?

Would someone do the editor in chief thing please. I have no litterary skilz  ;D
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

kodai

• Scooter
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »
Your doing just fine.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 05:25:15 PM »
Your doing just fine.

;) :D ;D ;D

Thank do0d I needed the laugh.

We could use some one to publish a one or two page e e-news letter once in awhile with the info submitted by the rest of us.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »
One of the vital components of REA, was someone(s) willing to put together an E- newsletter.

I think something like can be time consuming  for some.

That's why I would recommend several "field editors" to keep from getting overwhelmed.