HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My new baby

in
Members Rides

63 Guests, 3 Users
Eugeniocag, gizzo, tresser4K
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:57:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: is it possible to add Turbo charger to the bullet??  (Read 7469 times)

rajactech

• Scooter
is it possible to add Turbo charger to the bullet??
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »
Have any one tried this ever before...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:15:15 PM by rajactech »
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
Re: is it possible to add Turbo charger to the bullet??
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
No, turbochargers don't work well on Bullets.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head Conversion. Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available anywhere.  AVL mods available. UCE kit coming.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

rajactech

• Scooter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 02:03:22 PM »
No, turbochargers don't work well on Bullets.
Have you tried to it before??? if so please share your experience...
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »
Have you tried to it before??? if so please share your experience...

Low-revving single cylinder engines can't "spool up"  a turbo, because there's to much time between exhaust pulses. It doesn't operate the turbo properly.

Secondly, even if you could get the turbo to work somehow, the Bullet cannot withstand the added compression of turbocharging in its hemi chamber, on pump fuel.
It would need to be alcohol or nitro-methane, or something like that.
And there's no way to run an intercooler, either.
Nor is there any way to deal with the ignition timing regulation needed.

And if you somehow managed to get over all  those obstacles, the bottom end of the engine would blow up from the stress that the turbo would put on it.

Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head Conversion. Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available anywhere.  AVL mods available. UCE kit coming.

Please visit my new website:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/AcePerformanceBullets/

rajactech

• Scooter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:22:27 PM »
Low-revving single cylinder engines can't "spool up"  a turbo, because there's to much time between exhaust pulses. It doesn't operate the turbo properly.

Secondly, even if you could get the turbo to work somehow, the Bullet cannot withstand the added compression of turbocharging in its hemi chamber, on pump fuel.
It would need to be alcohol or nitro-methane, or something like that.
And there's no way to run an intercooler, either.
Nor is there any way to deal with the ignition timing regulation needed.

And if you somehow managed to get over all  those obstacles, the bottom end of the engine would blow up from the stress that the turbo would put on it.

Thanks for the info,and you are really great  :o
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

rajactech

• Scooter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 01:10:46 PM »
Ace,can we add turbo to the diesel bike???
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »
 Turbo charging any single cylinder engine would be difficult and extremely expensive.
The single exhaust pulse does not efficiently spin a turbo. To my knowledge there is no turbo of the right capacity for a Bullet.

A belt or gear driven supercharger would be more effective but just as expensive IMHO

It will take a lot of research and development at considerable cost as there are many technical obstacles to be overcome. The host engine would require many new parts made specifically for the purpose. Again, to my knowledge there is no super charger of the right capacity for a Bullet.

In theory it could be done though.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

rajactech

• Scooter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Turbo charging any single cylinder engine would be difficult and extremely expensive.
The single exhaust pulse does not efficiently spin a turbo. To my knowledge there is no turbo of the right capacity for a Bullet.

A belt or gear driven supercharger would be more effective but just as expensive IMHO

It will take a lot of research and development at considerable cost as there are many technical obstacles to be overcome. The host engine would require many new parts made specifically for the purpose. Again, to my knowledge there is no super charger of the right capacity for a Bullet.

In theory it could be done though.
Thanks for the  info :)
-Raja

1980 RE STD 350

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:05 AM »
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.

pistone

• Scooter
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 06:33:08 AM »

I own a supercharger fitted on an XS Yamaha 650 twin drag bike in the seventies and like to put it on a single engine.

my original project was to fit it on a TT600R Yamaha power unit which I've mounted on a Cagiva Mito frame and rolling chassis (a Supermono racer I used also on the road for some years) but after sold my funny Cagiva/Yamaha I am considering to use on a crashed Bullet I'm searchin' .now.

For your reference, look at my ex-Cagiva TT600R: 

http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/moto/motociclismor2.nsf/gd/Special--McDeeb-Supermono-1-Minimalismo

The text is not in English (sorry) but to see more pictures of the bike, click several times on the black characters on the right/ lower part of the text  (like "caratteriistiche tecniche" ans so on, and some shot will open.

About the supercharger (turbo as already told by experts doesn't work on a single engine) I must make a different airbox for the blower , sized right for the Bullet power unit but now I have a few time for this projetc...which cannot be easily suitable for road use, in my opinion.

Cheers

Fabrizio

pistone

• Scooter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 08:18:33 AM »

I've found the link to see more of my ex supermono:

http://www.motociclismo.it/foto-moto/index.php?album=moto-scooter%2FSpecial--McDeeb-Supermono---prova-in-pista

A new "insane" idea is raising in my mind: to put a supercharged Bullet engine in a modern frame and make a retro-tech bike.

I still own another Cagiva Mito rolling chassis...mumble mumble

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
Not sure what the point would be of blowing a bullit, but have a look at an interesting turbo-type concept at www.mindblowerchopper.com

pistone

• Scooter
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:35 AM »

The doubt on a blower Bullett is about the real possibility for this engine to riesist to the higher mechanical stresses...my idea to make it is more for "explore" new roads as for true road purpose.

The doubt about spending 535 USD for an electric fan is less important  ;D

(it's the same of installing an air conditioner in your igloo at the North Pole   ;))

I and my mate maked something similar with  an old 50cc moped (a Ciao manufactured by Piaggio, the same factory of Vespa) in the seventies. Without advantage but lot of peoples on E-Bay is offering these "miracle" electric turbos....

If these "things" work, it means that Porsche and KKK and all trubo manufacturers are stupid and the same for all carsproducers which spend a lot of money for true turbos and supercahrgers...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

single

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »
I ordered one of those.I never got it but I was asked to pay for it again.Hey,why not? I was dumb enough to pay for it once.

Darth Sid

• Bulleteer
  • 99999 km - Time to travel back in time...
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 10:42:56 PM »
It's been done in Punjab, India. The link below leads to a thread on another forum about a 535cc overbored to 700cc and turbocharged. The guy claims wheelspins in 2nd gear but extreme turbo-lag.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/69024-presenting-rr700-prostreet-turbo-ultimate-bullet-mod-job.html

I hope this is ok. Administrators, please tell me/remove this post if this is against rules or anything on those lines. I'm not promoting anything here, just pointing to some interesting info.
"If it ain't broke to bits, don't fix it!"

1979 Enfield India Bullet 350 "Old Faithful"