HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Harris Scrambler with Alloy Tank and Trials Tires RS

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's your cleaning routine?  (Read 4076 times)

Emmet

• Tampa Bay Piper
  • Scooter
Re: What's your cleaning routine?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:35 AM »
I virtually never wash my bike, and try to avoid getting rained upon whenever possible.
Instead I use a pump spray automotive degreaser and rags.
I like Boeshield T9 instead of WD-40; it's actually made for long-term protection for aircraft applications; I think it lasts longer. As someone's already mentioned, get it into all the nooks & crannies.
Armor-All can make your saddle slick. When I was a Paramedic, once in a while some rookie would Armor-All the bench seat; you'd slide right off when the ambulance turned the corner.
Meguiar's makes an excellent cleaner wax for the paintwork and leather cleaner for the saddle, pillion & saddlebags.
I use Mother's Back to Black Bumper & Trim Dressing on the black plastic stems of my aftermarket turn signals; keeps it looking new, and Mother's Billet Metal Polish on my aluminium forks and cases, and chromework too. Chrome is hard, I don't worry about the polish, but the Enfield chrome is thin; don't allow rust to ever gain a foothold.

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Re: What's your cleaning routine?
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 09:32:30 PM »
Emmet

"Chrome is hard, I don't worry about the polish, but the Enfield chrome is thin"

I thought it was just thin to save weight!!!!!  ::)
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin