HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Divya back at home

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2015, 12:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Well the Harley riders are back out...  (Read 1594 times)

Scotty Brown

• Bulleteer
  • Scotty Brown
Re: Well the Harley riders are back out...
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 07:19:01 PM »
Got a full belly laugh out of the Darwin bars and the Aussie comment.  Well said both of you ---

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Well the Harley riders are back out...
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 03:49:31 PM »
I thought about buying a Harley once. It was back in the mid '60s and I was looking for some to replace my Bultaco Matador that I rode on the street and raced scrambles and rode Enduros. A friend had a Sportster XLCH and I thought it might be a fun racer. I had previously raced a BSA Spitfire Scrambler and Gold Star, so I was used to stuff with power. I took the Sportster out on some dirt roads and rally enjoyed broadsliding it around with my feet on the pegs and really gave it some consideration, but I suddenly regained my sanity and bought a Yamaha for the street and a Bultaco Pursang for the track. I think the two of them weighed less than the Sportster! The Pursang is definitely in the top ten list of my favorite bikes, along with the Matador.
As for the modern Harley riders, most of them that I actually get a chance to stop by at lights and stuff are usually pretty interested in what I'm riding, especially the RE and the Guzzi.
Can't say I have much interest in their rides.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com