HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Frick and Frack

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2015, 05:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hillary, just another Clinton  (Read 295 times)

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Hillary, just another Clinton
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 06:18:34 PM »
maybe not blatantly false but a rough and
humorous comparison that exemplifies how
unqualified she may be.....

Lets reason: She has been a two term senator (won a re-election),a secretary of state, and almost became president. She went toe-to-toe with Obama. To imply that her only experience is being Bill Clinton's wife IS blatantly false and misinformation.

You can disagree with left wing politics (and, she is far from left wing....Sen. Warren, now that's something.....but I digress), and are entitled to your opinions. I respect that but ........facts???

There has to be more serious and informed dialogue for anything productive to come out of it. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:23:26 PM by 1 Thump »

pmanaz1973

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
Our country has degraded into a "politics as a sports team" type mentality.  Most people have one issue, maybe two that a specific party or candidate represents (or claims to) and they "back" that party come hell or high-water.  The chilling reality is K-Street Special Interest runs our country regardless of party and money guides our polices.  The "war" on drugs is a great example of how a specific "thing" became the object of enforcement and with it created an entire economy associated with the enforcement of the "law" - research police-industrial complex earnings overt the past 40 years.

There is a buckets worth of warm spit of difference between the parties when it comes down to it...their only goal is to get reelected and to make money.  Sure they have a altruistic goal or two, but the reality is the tail wags the dog...maybe always has.

Damn, now I depressed.

1991 XR250L (traded for)
1976 Harley XLH 1000 (blew up)
1993 CBR 600 (sold for)
1976 Norton Commando 850 (traded for)
1972 BMW R75/5 (sold)
2014 Royal Enfield C5

dginfw

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 08:46:59 PM »
Lets reason: She has been a two term senator (won a re-election),a secretary of state, and almost became president. She went toe-to-toe with Obama. To imply that her only experience is being Bill Clinton's wife IS blatantly false and misinformation.

You can disagree with left wing politics (and, she is far from left wing....Sen. Warren, now that's something.....but I digress), and are entitled to your opinions. I respect that but ........facts???

There has to be more serious and informed dialogue for anything productive to come out of it.

Lets reason some more....
The main reason she became a senator is because she was Bill's wife. If no one had heard of her she might not have won....and just because she can campaign and raise funds doesnt mean she's qualified to lead. Elections have become ,unfortunately,  popularity contests and simply winning one is not an "achievement". She was also APPOINTED Sec of State, and during her tenure our relationships with our allies weakened
..and lets put party politics aside: the woman is dishonest 
Dave in TX:   '01  W650
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:57 PM »
The main reason she became a senator is because she was Bill's wife. If no one had heard of her she might not have won....and just because she can campaign and raise funds doesnt mean she's qualified to lead. Elections have become ,unfortunately,  popularity contests and simply winning one is not an "achievement". She was also APPOINTED Sec of State, and during her tenure our relationships with our allies weakened

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3042198/Hillary-hammered-inventing-details-family-s-immigration-history-claiming-four-grandparents-weren-t-born-US.html

Hillary hammered for inventing details of her family's immigration history, claiming all four grandparents weren't born in the US

Clinton claimed Wednesday in Iowa that 'all my grandparents came over here' as immigrants
    She said last year that one of her grandmothers immigrated to Pennsylvania and worked in a silk mill
    But Buzzfeed found American Census records showing that only one Clinton grandfather, adn neither of their wives, was born outside the US
    Clinton apparently shaded the truth to seem more authentic with her argument that illegal immigrants should have more legal access to jobs

'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • There Are No Truths Outside The Gates of Eden
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 03:14:28 AM »
My take on politics:

Nixon was a crook.  Tho he claims he was not, and was impeached.

Just a small correction: He wasn't impeached; he resigned.
2008 ACE Head AVL Classic
1977 Shovelhead Hardtail Bobber

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:04 AM »
The main reason she became a senator is because she was Bill's wife.

Yes, like I said you are entitled to your opinion. 

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 03:57:49 AM »

If no one had heard of her she might not have won....

and just because she can campaign and raise funds doesnt mean she's qualified to lead.

Elections have become ,unfortunately,  popularity contests and simply winning one is not an "achievement".

She was also APPOINTED Sec of State,

and during her tenure our relationships with our allies weakened

1. Correct, you cant win an election if none has heard of you.

2. Obviously correct. Several examples from recent history of folks who won elections but were total incompetent dimwits. However, how does that disqualify her?

3. Also corrrect

4. Thats the only way you become Sec Def

5. Which allies, and what is the evidence of weakening of relations

6. I do not have a party allegiance but do allign with reason Vs. belief.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
            Just a small correction: He wasn't impeached; he resigned.

Fair enough, but he was still a money embezzling crook.  And if it wasn't for Gerald Ford pardoning him he would have went to prison.  Sounds like a winner of a leader to me!    :-\
Scottie J  ~  Bulldog Kustoms Denver  ~  1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer - The Blackhawk

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 05:56:46 PM »
I have voted for president 4 times, and will never do it again. I now consider myself a libertarian. I voted for Jimmy Carter twice, not that he was such a great president, but he seemed to be more of a human being than most. I was just barely old enough the first time.

I voted for Obama twice. I did not expect him to fix the economy. No one man, not even the president, can do that. He also promised to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which he eventually did. I went to many funerals of fallen troops as a member of the PGR. I still don't know what they died for. The other reason I voted for Obama was to help get health insurance for my 2 grown kids, who are both disabled, are not able to work enough hours to get insurance. For some reason they still do not have any insurance.

As for Nixon, I was to young to know it at the time, but I found out about it a few years later. Despite Watergate and all the other scandals, I shall forever loathe and despise this bastard as the creator of the EPA, which has been by far my biggest enemy during my lifetime as a car and motorcycle enthusiast. I have had to fight them tooth and nail, for one 3 year period, I actually had to swap out engines in a car every year to get it through the damned test, then put my hot rod engine back in.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best of intentions'