HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

vince's motorbike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 28, 2015, 01:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time to go military  (Read 877 times)

gizzo

• Grease Monkey
Re: Time to go military
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 10:46:01 PM »
Beautiful!  8). good to see it got to yours safe and sound in the end.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Suzuki Savage bobber
Pantah
Monster
DR250

JoeSchmofo

• Scooter
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »
A fan of "Stuff you should know" by any chance, Coot?

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 02:15:34 PM »
please refrain from painting the engine black! it looks nice as is.

The Old Coot

• Scooter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
A fan of "Stuff you should know" by any chance, Coot?

All I can learn.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:10 PM »
don't plan to do any butchering or painting on this one. still getting bites on the c5 but as yet -no hookups!...lol
if I do or when land the sale I still might check out the silver and the military together.
only early days yet and I am not even sure if they have the 015 plated bikes in stock in oz or not. as soon as I get a buyer I guess I will find out!
2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt
2014 C5 tan/cheery -very close to sold!

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

ToesNose

• Bulleteer
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 03:35:40 AM »
Hey Bill how about the blue military?   :D

"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:21 AM »
Hey Bill how about the blue military?   :D

Very Cool ! . Looks like it should say USAF on it with star & bar insignias. :D

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2015, 11:43:00 PM »
that looks pretty good ;) anyway the tan c5 found a new owner today so that's number 5 gone......lol
at the moment I am unsure if I should go out and buy another bike or swing in the direction of the triumph Daytona I purchased a few weeks earlier.
its just been sitting there under cover and started a few times but  so far never ridden. while the c5 was in the yard I had no interest in riding the triumph due to the right hand gear shift.
as of now you could say I have no choice so I might get it registered and have a go and see what it is really like if that doesn't work out I guess you all know the answer - ORDER BIKE 6 !  ;)

2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 11:58:27 PM »
Just looking back at the plasti-dip job you did on your bike a while back, and that's what a military should look like.  No chrome, just about everything the same color.  The military bikes of old look like they just had the lights taped over and everything else got sprayed the same color. 

The old RE militarys were closer to the mark, green wheels and engines.  On the UCE bikes the wheels and exhaust are chromed, the engine is polished.  It looks so much better when that's all matted out in some way.  Painting the motor but leaving the cylinder silver, black out the exhaust, it seemed like just the right balance.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 12:04:58 AM »
  Oh go get those shinny black foot pegs dirty on that bike already !  ;D ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 04:17:45 AM »
well that black  /chrome did have a pretty interesting life

2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 04:46:14 AM »
Going well bill ?  Do you think you could make it 10 bikes by 2018 and while your at it – open your own dealership.?    :o ;D ;)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
GHG
well to me that sounds a bit like a loaded gun question  so I guess its now up to me to pull the trigger!....lol so I think it could go something like this..... ;)

dirtybill
in all this confusion I can't remember if you have had 5 or 6 royal enfield motorbikes. now seeing that they are the most powerful 500cc indian import to Australia and putting out an impressive 27.2 bhp I have to ask you this question - do you feel lucky punk!..............well do you!
wildbill
well actually I do. so to answer the question could I knock over 10 bikes by 2018 I'd say yes! why because they are cheap to buy here when compared to what I am used to buying and if I go ahead and pull the trigger in the next 2 weeks I'd have 2 years to buy the other four... ;D
now as for the dealership that's a hard one to answer.
hello is that wildbill imports...lol  piss off! I am watching my birds...beep! beep! beep! now if further down the track that did happened I could end up buying/trading/riding my own bikes. the dealers would miss out on the continuous sales plus the huge amount of accessories I load up on these great indian motorbikes. plus I'd go one further and own and run my own bike forum......due to my nasty nature I'd probably ban a few members to boot. well for starters GHG ...you would be going in the right direction to be the very first on my hit list....lol. after 3 days it would be myself and the lone rider - sectorsteve! a good aussie companion!
just the 2 of us would/could run the forum easily. I'd be in charge and he would ask the questions.....some days he would be in charge too.....but not for long!so I guess I might have to give that idea a miss as it take more than 2 members to make a forum.
actually I might get ride of sectorsteve too. I think I could run and answer the questions myself with no conflict of interest. if I gave the wrong answer to my question I'd know when I found out I knew it was wrong in the first place.
as for the original members don't blame me either. I didn't terminate their membership most left after reading this crap.  so I guess I have no choice but let some-one else do that..
back to your two part question...no not 2pac!... I said 2 part.
in all honesty I think I'd have a lot better chance of knocking over the 10 bikes by the end of 2018....lol well actually not knock them over - lets say put them in 6 months custodial conditions on hard labor/pulling them apart/plasti-dipping them/braking bolts off/ drilling holes/checking tyre pressure/painting wheels  - shit they'd cop it!

2011 C5 black/chrome
2012 C5 maroon/chrome 
2013 B5 black
2014 Continental gt

2004 mazda-speed miata
2001 bmw z3 2.2
1973 triumph Daytona 500

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 01:45:59 PM »
  Bwahahahahahha !   OK... good one wildbill. That DID have me wiping my eyes and spraying Coffee this morning. ;)