HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

chris-bartlett & Enfield

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2015, 02:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lizzy's Caferat project  (Read 3548 times)

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Re: Lizzy's Caferat project
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2015, 11:20:04 AM »
Do you have a pic or any info on that oil gauge?  I've never seen one that only reads up to 10 psi.  Sounds perfect for the Enfield.

Ace, is the oil pressure the same for the twins, or do you not know that answer?  I know the design is essentially the same, but I hear the older twin worm drives aren't as prone to shearing off and failing.  Perhaps B.W. might know the answer if you don't.

Next time I'm there I'll have a look.
Went and saw the rod and piston, my god ace, Guy couldnt stop saying how beautiful the machine work and finish it, and that conrod is a work of art.
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »
Glad you both like it!
We strive to be the best!
 8)

Also, that is the lightest piston of ANY type for the 500 or 535, and it is forged 535 high compression(43cc) dome.
With piston and pin, it is at least a full ounce lighter than the factory cast 500 low compression piston. It is almost 4 ounces lighter than some other 535 pistons out there.
We do a lot of extra machine work to lighten it as much as we can. This accounts for the higher cost.

If you want 150 psi compression, use one of the green base gaskets under the barrel. If you want less, then stack two green gaskets under the barrel.

Check your newly bored barrel with a bore micrometer to be SURE that the bore does not taper down tight near the bottom of the bore. It is common for shops to bore these barrels quickly, and the non-finned portion of the bore heats up more than the rest during machining, causing it to expand more than the rest, and then when it cools back down, the lower part of the bore is tight by about a thou, and then the piston will seize when it gets hot during use.
Be very sure that the bore does not taper toward the bottom.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:19:07 PM by ace.cafe »

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2015, 08:36:52 PM »
We are aiming to 8.5:1 to 9:1 compression, so I have no dramas on pump gas.

The super duper crank man Guy knows is boring it so I think it'll be fine, I'll still check it after.
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome