HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Ace Fireball BigHead

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 18 tooth counter shaft sprocket  (Read 3839 times)

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Re: 18 tooth counter shaft sprocket
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:55 AM »
I have the 18 tooth sprocket in my tool box waiting for warmer weather (I am in Chicago) to install (along with heavy duty clutch springs and the shifter improvement bushings)

I installed the 7" halogen headlight conversion last fall. What a huge difference. It is like I didn't even have a headlight before.
Endeavor To Persevere

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 05:26:46 AM »
Going to work in a Psychiatric Unit, on a Bullet. Sounds kind of right, doesn't it. :)
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

cochi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »
Ragman, you are absolutely right! As the old saying goes, "you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists office". Tinkering and riding this marvel keeps me sane!!  However, some of my coworkers think I'm a little "touched in the head" for riding an "antique". They, as of yet, have not discovered the zen of maintaining and sometimes even improving a machine.  It becomes a part of you.                                                                                                                                        Bankerdanny, one of the mods that I made to my Bullet was the heavy duty clutch springs. It made a big difference. The clutch grabs nicely and there is no slip. I still have the older 4 plate clutch and it tends to drag a bit when it gets hot in stop and go traffic. I use the neutral finder quite a bit and it helps.  I also want to see if the improved "clutch release pad" that I just installed will help. I'm also looking forward to being able to See at night with the new 7" headlight.  Thanks again to all of you.

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 05:28:37 PM »
Ragman, you are absolutely right! As the old saying goes, "you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists office". Tinkering and riding this marvel keeps me sane!!  However, some of my coworkers think I'm a little "touched in the head" for riding an "antique". They, as of yet, have not discovered the zen of maintaining and sometimes even improving a machine.  It becomes a part of you.                                                                                                                             

Ain't that the truth!
If I could only find a way to bottle up that warm & fuzzy feeling to get me through the winter!
CJ
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2012 Concours 14 (no name yet)
2013 Royal Star Venture S  "Jelly Roll"