HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

'79 Enfield Bullet 350 (2007)

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 06:20:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On line catalog deficiency  (Read 804 times)

northshore_paul

• Bulleteer
  • Remember...all roads come to an end mon ami.
On line catalog deficiency
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »
Unless I am using the online search mode incorrectly, I am unable to find items on the NField Gear site that is in last years print catalog. For instance, there are only three types of tires, including sidecar tires, on the website. The catalog shows nine tires. This is just one example, there are many items that CMW carried in the past that are not in the online store. Are sales being lost because of this? Do potential buyers now go to other online sites in order to meet their needs? Since we are moving more and more from paper catalogs to online catalogs NField Gear is missing some present and future business. Just my thoughts.
'01 Kawasaki W650
'06 Suzuki Burgman 400
'03 Bullet Classic gone to a new home
'84 BMW R100 gone to a new home
'94 Honda PC800 gone to a new home

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: On line catalog deficiency
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:46:09 AM »
 The online catalog has never kept up with the printed version. Online ordering is o.k. much of time but phone calls still work best.

All of the people there ride,,,,I think they like us to call in our orders. ;)

I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

drbvac

• Bulleteer
  • Low as it can go
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
+=1

Call for sure - they will help u get it right the first time and no re-orders and re-mailing charges
Dr B

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
We like the online store, but it does not always keep up with the catalog like it should. The calls are good for things that you are not sure about. One advantage of the call is that if we ship the wrong part it is usually on us. If you order the wrong part..........
I have considered online chat but I think not having someone available at all times is worse than no chat at all.

We try to update, but it is so crazy here with bike sales (our bike sales are up almost 100% from the first 6 months last year), parts sales etc. it always seems to not get the treatment it should. It will slow down soon and life will return to normal if there is such a thing.

I am hoping my 16 year old daughter who is working here for the summer can be of some help. She sure helps me with my phone.

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 04:56:58 AM »
We appreciate the effort. My sixteen year old helps with the phones too. He loaded all kinds of apps on it when I first got it ;D

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 05:45:05 PM »
If Tim wasn't there, I'd have more money in my wallet and less cool things on my Bullet.  The catalog and online store don't really "know" what parts can work, where.  Tim's knowledge of the parts gives me the confidence to spend my money because I know specifically what I'm getting - and getting into.

I shop the catalog - and then call.  EVERYONE I've got on the horn there has been super nice and helpful.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
All of the people there ride,,,,I think they like us to call in our orders.

But if they're all out riding, who's left at the store to call in an order to?
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

GGRider

• Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »
I agree with boggy.  Have fun with the catalog and online store, but then call.  Doing it this way lets me ask Tim about the parts.  Things like will they work on my year/model bike, etc.  I've also had them tell me when I might typically want an O-ring or spring to go with the part.  I've been very happy (and probably a little lucky) with the service from CMW when ordered this way.
2003 Iron Barrel Bullet 500- Velvet Green