Just got out of my garage after a 2 hours fight with the front sprocket. It won, I have to admit defeat on the first day.The way to it was easy, although it takes some time to remove kickstart, footrest, electric cable and all the srews. But when I was through I saw a gigantic nut: a size 46 mm-nut, secured with a sheet. I called it Godzilla and after I organized a 46-nut I tried to move it by hand, later with a impact wrench and even later with an electric impact wrench. When I think about people in India I usually picture someone with a brownish tan, a little smaller than myself. I really have to rethink that! The mechanic whoīs job it is to fix the Godzillas must be 2m and 150 kg at least!The monster didnīt move a single mm. Is there a trick? Iīm just loading the electric wrench tio get full power, but itīs a riddle for me. I guess I oversee something. Anybody with similar experience?
I've used 6' levers to remove rusted axle nuts on the back of a VW bug. They make scary noises when they're that tight. Congrats on getting it sorted.Scott
Gozilla has lost! Finally!Itīs not a left hand threat, itīs clockwise as usual. The electric impact wrench failed - after all 135 Nm - and after I twisted the brake pedal holder trying to get torque on the long ratched I gave up, called the cavallary and put everything together again.At my dealerīs the friendly and compassionate foreman first hammered the brake holder back again and THEN...finished off Godzilla with an air-pressure impact wrench with 600 Nm within 1 1/2 seconds. Hehe. It got what it deserved.Sometimes, as he told me, due to temperature, threatīs distortion and bad luck its possible that the load necessary to move the big nut rises up from originally 150 Nm up to 500 Nm - what is certainly to much for anyone who isnīt trained in martial arts. And too much for brake pedals. The result of this epic struggle: a correct gear ratio, comfortable to drive and well fitting to german speed limits. Suceeded at last!