HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My 65 Bullet

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:40:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sure is quiet in here  (Read 1352 times)

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
Sure is quiet in here
« on: September 18, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »
Yeah, too quiet...........
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

MotoJ

• Ride Fast and Take Chances!
  • Grease Monkey
  • Poverty Rider
Re: Sure is quiet in here
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »
I'll bite. When is the membership being offered, what does it entail, include, etc.?

One of my first posts was an inquiry about any RE riders in the Baltimore area. I never heard from a one.

There's a Visitor/Rider Map in the pulldown header menu but no dots or listings or anything. Regional REA meet-ups would be fun. I'll start here in Balto. What's the protocol for starting local REAs?
1978 BMW R80/7- Hacked!
1999 Enfield India 500 Bullet
1977 HD XLH 1000
1998 KLR 250
1956 IMZ M72m with sidecar

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »
I do not know is anything can become of the REA or not.  Like most of us, I still work for a living so uncommitted time is precious.

That being said I have spent most of career sitting on the Board of Directors (sometimes Bored of Directors) of one non profit or another.  I have put together newsletters maintained membership databases and organized events and conferences.

soooo I guess if we would like to put some life into this then someone has to volunteer to help.

I am here.   What can I do?

Now that I have offered to be a solution provider and not a complainer..

I noticed at the NField Store if you search for Royal Enfield Association you get two hits, one for a Hat and the other a one year membership with no photo.  The patch would be a good photo to put there.  Also in the description the links to get more information are corrupted.

If I put the links back together and get to the more information page, I am told the following, I will receive :

• Independent Members-Only Newsletter
    Association Membership Patch
    Exclusive Royal Enfield Store Discounts

So for starters with my new found personal appointment I have questions, and comments.
1, What do we need to do the get the links fixed at the website?
2, Since there is no newsletter as of this hour, the offer should be removed or re-worded.
3, Does the Patch still exist and will it be sent if the 5.00 fee is paid?
4, Is there really a discount extended to members who shop at the NField store?

I think before we can put together an agenda of "RE-Genesis" we need to answer those questions....We need to be sure that the advertises benefits of membership really exist. If not then we are not being honest with potential members, or future volunteers.  It will take a network of Volunteers to put this project together if it is to survive.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:31:20 PM by qgolden »
Any other Enfields in New England?

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 11:58:56 PM »
Some new would be members have shared a " no responce " after paying $ 5.00 .

It would be my opinion not to purchase any REA memberships, until things get clarified or ironed out ,if ever.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
I wouldn't say it is quiet.  I've been yelling over in th post I made " getting something going in the new York area" for quite some time now.  I'm not complaint, just saying.  It would be nice to get some rides together.  I put out a request for submissions for a newsletter but have received nothing as of yet.  I think it is time to make the request again. I think I kind of got self appointed as instigator for the north east region not long ago but alas I have not even been able to instigate in my own local area.  So, I think on the front of the newsletter folks should put together little ride reports, with pics, or any tales that involve the RE, even fiction.  We gotta have some writers in the fold.  I believe Sub over in the pacific north wet was willing to be editor in chief.  If you are reading this master Sub, correct me if I am wrong.

Something's gotta give right?

edit.  I kept saying Sub,  I meant Ice.  Damn those three letter names.

Sam

Sam
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:16:47 PM by Ragmas »
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:16:24 PM »
Ragmus,
I've seen your posts regarding NY,  I am a little north of you in NH.

Do you get to Laconia?

Quinn

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 12:46:38 AM »
Qgolden, I do not even know where Laconia is.  If I am ever heading up that way I will give you a holler, same goes for you, if you are ever in my neck of the woods let me know.  New York City/ Hudson Valley region.  Sometimes Mohawk Valley ( though I have yet to take the bike up there.)

Sam
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
Laconia (Weirs Beach) is the largest bike rally event in the northeast. Probably the oldest, at 88 years now.    Second week of June each year.  About 300 thousand Bikes attend.

http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

http://www.thunderpress.net/MONTH_ARTICLE-pdfs/2010/0810/LaconiaMotorcy/LaconiaMotorcy.shtml

I am working towards putting together an Enfield Ride that week, perhaps to the Summit of Mt. Washington. 

I am about 4 hours from you.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 04:04:25 AM »
These same questions have come up in the past and there are other threads here about same.

The REA was started by some members of the forum. It is a member run club. At one point it had a great newsletter editor who was the glue that held it together.

The club like all clubs need a core group willing to do all of the work even though others say they will help. Someone to produce a newsletter is critical. Asking for articles is hopeless until something gets going. Don't mean to be cynical but this pattern is true for most similar clubs.

We have been willing to take dues for the club but have no role in dealing with them, memberships etc. I did donate the patches and am willing to offer some level of support. We simply do not have the time or people to do a good job. Besides a club should be an enthusiast club and not a mouth piece for the manufacturer. Much like the RAT club with Triumph.

It is going to take only a couple of you to take the bull by the horns and make this happen. I would suggest a dictatorship for a year or two. Others will offer suggestions but very few will actually do the work.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »
Thank you Kevin,
That is exactly what I thought you would say.  I have had a couple of PM conversations with a couple of folks and we pretty much agree that  couple of us should just do something, even if it aint right.  Might raise the ire of a few others and they might jump in and actually do it right. 

That being said:  I posed the following questions a couple of posts ago. Can you send me in some direction regarding the following:

" I noticed at the NField Store if you search for Royal Enfield Association you get two hits, one for a Hat and the other a one year membership with no photo.  The patch would be a good photo to put there.  Also in the description the links to get more information are corrupted. " 

If I were to attempt to address this issue at the NField store whom would I contact?

If I put the links back together and get to the more information page, I am told the following, I will receive :

Independent Members-Only Newsletter

Since there is no newsletter as of this hour, the offer should be removed or re-worded.

Thank you for donating patches, do they still exist and will it be sent if the 5.00 fee is paid?  Some have posted here that they have yet to receive them after paying the fee.

Is there really a discount extended to members who shop at the NField store?  How is the discount requested?  I do not see a place to enter any kind of REA membership number.

I think before we can put together an agenda of "RE-Genesis" we need to answer those questions....We need to be sure that the advertised benefits of membership really exist. If not then we are not being honest with potential members, or future volunteers.

Kevin Mahoney

• Administrator
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 04:53:50 AM »
Talk to Tim (Parts man on the forum) about the links, patches etc.

At present there are no special discounts. I am not sure if our system would consider it, but would be willing to discuss. As you point out there is no newsletter either. For your $5 at present you would get a patch. See if Tim can figure out who may be missing a patch they are kind of cool..

PartsMan

• I Eat Breathe & Sleep R.E. PARTS!
  • Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »
Thank you Kevin,
That is exactly what I thought you would say.  I have had a couple of PM conversations with a couple of folks and we pretty much agree that  couple of us should just do something, even if it aint right.  Might raise the ire of a few others and they might jump in and actually do it right. 

That being said:  I posed the following questions a couple of posts ago. Can you send me in some direction regarding the following:

" I noticed at the NField Store if you search for Royal Enfield Association you get two hits, one for a Hat and the other a one year membership with no photo.  The patch would be a good photo to put there.  Also in the description the links to get more information are corrupted. " 

If I were to attempt to address this issue at the NField store whom would I contact?

Independent Members-Only Newsletter

Since there is no newsletter as of this hour, the offer should be removed or re-worded.

Thank you for donating patches, do they still exist and will it be sent if the 5.00 fee is paid?  Some have posted here that they have yet to receive them after paying the fee.

Is there really a discount extended to members who shop at the NField store?  How is the discount requested?  I do not see a place to enter any kind of REA membership number.

I think before we can put together an agenda of "RE-Genesis" we need to answer those questions....We need to be sure that the advertised benefits of membership really exist. If not then we are not being honest with potential members, or future volunteers.

1.   I have put a photo up.
2.   The link to more information is working now; it may have been a temporary problem.
3.    With the membership you receive a numbered certificate and a patch. The special discounts up to this point have been offered sporadically. We are exploring our options with the website to make the discounts available more often.