HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

NEC2007 pic 16

in
Members Rides

49 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 29, 2014, 09:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Battery Relocation  (Read 1331 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Battery Relocation
« on: January 15, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
Has anyone used one of the battery relocation kits to move your battery from the right side of the bike to the center (behind the cylinder and in front of the rear fender)?

If so where did you get it, what mods did you have to make to adapt it to the Electra X and what is your opinion of the results?

I'm debating on whether or not to just fabricate my own brackets....

Thanks,
Matt

HRAB

• I should really edit this
  • Grease Monkey
  • Been there, doin' more...God willing
Re: Battery Relocation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
We looked at the Bullet relocation kit fto see if it would fit the Electra and didn't find an easy way to make it work. To get an electric start 14A battery into the center position, some frame brackets will need to be removed. Principally the piece that holds the airfilter box and current battery mount intrudes into the space the battery will need.

If your willing to do your own cutting and fabrication to the frame, I think the kit could be made to fit.
jim
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 03:38:48 AM by Royal Enfield 1 »
BMWMOA www.bmwmoa.com
Iron Butt Association www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm
(Formerly) CRA# 118N www.cra-mn.com (I got smarter in old age)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Re: Battery Relocation
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »
We looked at the Bullet relocation kit fto see if it would fit the Electra and didn't find an easy way to make it work. To get an electric start 14A battery into the center position, some frame brackets will need to be removed. Principally the piece that holds the airfilter box and current battery mount intrudes into the space the battery will need.

If your willing to do your own cutting and fabrication to the frame, I think the kit could be made to fit.
jim

Jim,

Thanks for the update.

If it didn't look easy to you, than it's sure not going to be easy for me.

I can cut-off and fabricate mounting brackets and such, I just can't weld....

That's probably the answer for me. If I do the relocation, I'll make the carrier and brackets then have a local welder attach them for me.

Thanks,
Matt