HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Jake's Texas Electra

in
Members Rides

53 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 06:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.  (Read 9789 times)

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
The REA is undergoing a RE-genesis. I have sat by and watched it set stagnate as long as I can stand to, and as Popeye used to say ""That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!" ;D

I have been working with Kevin and some of the good folks at CMW and have come up with a plan to take over responsibilities for the REA.

At this point in time I have a newsletter under way. I plan to publish the first issue for January 2011. Details to follow. The format will be PDF and will likely be provided via a download link sent to current paid members. I have solicited commitments from some folks in the RE world who have agreed to submit articles of interest for the Newsletter. We are looking for a few more correspondents from around the US and abroad. If you are interested in submitting an item please PM me. I have several ideas for the newsletter but am always open to more suggestions. PM me and tell me what you think. Over the next several days I will post here looking for some specific talents. Today I am looking for any newsletters after issue 1 volume 1 that might exist out there. If you have any and can share them please PM me.

Regarding membership in the REA. When members signed up to join the association their membership was good for one year. There was however no mechanism to contact members to urge them to renew their membership when it expired. So most all memberships (Prior to 11/1/2009) have lapsed. In support of the REA, CMW has graciously offered to renew everyones membership by one year gratis. (you do not get a new patch with this gratis membership) If you have registered for membership between November 1 2009 and today, your free year will begin after your current membership expires. If you had a membership prior to November 1 2009, then all you need to do is re-register and your free year begins upon registration. However, if you are re-registering, do not register via the NField store. The association membership database needs to be maintained outside of the store. For now that lies with me. Within a few days I will post a link to one of my servers for you to renew your membership through. I will forward your membership information to CMW from the database I have created for this purpose. At this time I will not be taking your credit card info. If you have never registered before then you need to pay your 5 dollars and get your patch please do so at the Nfield Store. They will send me your membership info and I will take care of you from there. The free year offer for renewals will expire on 1 June 2011. So that will give 7 months for those who only log in to the forums occasionally to find this offer. I will also be sending an email to all members whose membership has expired notifying them of this offer. This offer is extended to existing members who have been issued membership numbers. (Number 1 through 150). Much thought has been put into making this as fair and logical a process as possible. We hope you think so too.

When you re-register there will be a field on the form for you to enter your old membership number. I have preserved the numbers of past members and if you have forgotten yours just send me a PM (with your name and the email address you used to register) prior to registering and I will send it to you. This will allow the early REA members who had low numbers the ability keep those numbers.

In further support from the folks at CMW, Kevin has authorized a 5 percent discount for REA Members. This offer begins November 2 2010. To take advantage of this discount you simply need to enter your REA membership number in the coupon code field when you place an order. This code will give you 5% off any order over $100; the coupon is good for one year starting from the issue date of your membership. The coupon can be used 12 times within that time period. The coupons are only valid with online orders. Registration numbers 139 to 150 have been entered and are active now, numbers 1  through 138 will need to re-register to receive this benefit.

So your cost of membership is covered with your first order from the NField Store, Sweet. Above that you can save additional  dollars all year.

So that is where we are at.

I have a few more ideas and options to grow this association, but I will hold off for now.  Some decisions will need to be made and I would like to have them approved by it members, so I will wait a bit for the membership to firm up.

I feel that it is necessary to do something to jump start this organization. My Grandfather used to say, "See a problem? Fix it. Just do something even if it ain't right, raise their ire and maybe someone smart enough will come along and fix it right". So I will get this started. I decided to do it pretty much autocratically so I knew it would get done and not to get bogged down with committees or boards.

I will commit to it for a year, create the database, set up the newsletter, (plans are to publish it every two months), and put together a process and a package that can be passed on to someone else. I cannot guarantee anything beyond that year. But we can plan a few events, a few meet and greets, some bike runs in coordination with other motorcycle events, (anyone go to Sturgis, Laconia or Daytona?), and maybe, just maybe plant the seeds to make this a great association.

REspecfully
-Quinn
Self-Proclaimed REA Administrator and Newsletter Editor in Chief.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:06:58 PM by qgolden »
Any other Enfields in New England?

geichal

• Grease Monkey
  • REA #64 ...not quite done, but close...
Re: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »
Thanks in advance for your efforts!
geichal  ;D

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love this bike!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:47:05 PM »
I pm'd you the links for the past newsletters.  Thanks for taking on this responsibility.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:37:43 PM »
I love the idea of REA. I joined in the beginning, but will have to renew now.

The problem I see with REA is that it needs a purpose. Newsletters are great, but we already have this web site and forum, best I have seen, and it provides most of the function of a newsletter.

The biggest problem I see with the RE community is that it is sparse and spread out. Difficult for like-minded people to get together. There are more Enfield riders out there than the ones we talk to on this forum. Even the ones on the forum don't usually have their locations pointed out. I could be within an hour's ride of several Enfield enthusiasts and neer know it.

I think one of the best purposes of this organization would be to identify RE riders and try to get state/regional get-togethers going. After all, a motorcycle organization should be about fostering a sense of community.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:11:21 PM »
Agreed ^^^^^^^^

We used to have a feature to show where you were but it didnt seem to work... a locator that everyone participated in would allow for efficient planning of meets and get-togethers... Just a "second" to the motion given above.
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
I'll sign up later this week.  Thanks!
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

72westie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:26:49 AM »
I posted this on the Britbike forums Royal Enfield section.  :)
2001 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Race Bike:
2008 Ahrma Classic 60's #1 Plate
2009 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
2010 AMA Vintage 50's #1 Plate
http://www.bgmotorcycle.com

Lahti35

• Currently Enfield-less!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • The Department of Redundancy Deptartment.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »
I'm not a member....yet.... but i was wondering has anybody thought of some posters or info for distribution at the dealer's showrooms? Might help for the new owners/current owners to get to know where they're at in relation to one another. Some folks need a had to find their way here.... I didn't discover it until months after I'd purchased my RE.

I've found more RE owners in MI through for sale ads than anything else, some within 10 minutes of my house! I'll bet there are alot more around in our areas than we think, they're just hiding ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:29:34 AM by Lahti35 »
'03 Ex-Electric start 500....gone but not forgotten...

I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 01:19:37 AM »
I think one of the best purposes of this organization would be to identify RE riders and try to get state/regional get-togethers going. After all, a motorcycle organization should be about fostering a sense of community.

Yes you are absolutely correct!  Thank you for posting it. Those of us here are a representation of all 50 states.  We all have events in our areas, Sturgis, Laconia, Daytona, Myrtle Beach,  those are major events.  In addition we all have toy runs, poker runs, blood runs, benefit rides, bike shows, cruise nights.  The list is endless. 

The dealer network is growing and it will support us.  The opportunities are endless, all we need a a few people in a few locations to start spreading the word.  Do an Enfield only ride to Devils Tower during Sturgis. Advertise at a dealer about an upcoming Toy Run,  have all the Enfields meet a mile outside of town and all come in together.  Participate in a cruise night, get together somewheres and ride in together.  I gotta tell ya'  have 10 or 15 Enfields ride in to any event together and you will draw attention.

Any reason we cannot do this?

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 01:26:24 AM »
We used to have a feature to show where you were but it didnt seem to work... a locator that everyone participated in would allow for efficient planning of meets and get-togethers... Just a "second" to the motion given above.

And we will have it again,  I cannot do it all in one day!   ;D

We are working towards replacing the Map locator that does not work here,   There is a community calendar here as well, we have full use of it,  I discovered an issue with that yesterday.  So do not use it just yet,  I need to get work with CMW on the issue first.

Quinn

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
I posted this on the Britbike forums Royal Enfield section.  :)

Way to spread the word!  Nice work,  A free Beer to 72westie if we ever get to make a run together!       Anyone else?

-Quinn

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
I'm not a member....yet.... but i was wondering has anybody thought of some posters or info for distribution at the dealer's showrooms?

Get registered and I will promote you to official ambassador in your area!  Excellent suggestion.  Put some flyers in your dealers showroom window advertising an Enfield  Gathering. He will support it.  It brings in tire kickers at no expense to him.  It shows his potential Enfield customers that there is a network of fellow riders in the area. I gives credibility to the marque. 

I ask again, any reason we cannot do this? 

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 02:36:01 AM »
 Did you discuss any this matter with the membership body and the existing REgional instigators/ coordinators ?

Just curious.

I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 03:02:19 AM »
Hey Ice,

Currently the membership contains 14 persons.  We have lost 130 people.

I have posted here as you have posted here.  Many have posted that someone needs to do something.  No one has grabbed the bull by the gonads to pull this back together. 

You and I have had a PM conversation regarding the status of the organization as I have with a few others.  The general comments I received back were similar to "I like your style"  "I bet you could pull this off"   "let me know what you want me to do". 

So the short answer is yes I did with some, but not all, and like I did with you, I had some contact with ex members, and no I did not take the time to have an in-depth discussion with the 14 existing members,  I see no point in this getting buried in committee.   

I made posts in this forum and said outright that it was time for "a couple of us to do something"  I questioned issues at the NField store with Kevin and Partsman and that thread is posted here as well.

I am happy for the involvement of any of the members, I still have items of interest that I will not bring up until we have a bunch of members, first we need to do is to find them and get them re-registered.

I will post a new registration link in a day or so, please watch for it.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
 My suggestion would have been to PM/EM everyone who voiced an opinion in the REA threads before this thread began.

Committee and consensus can be a powerful cohesion builder.

Please do double check the accuracy of the membership count, I suspect there are more than 14 members.

I can vouch that as of my last phone conversation with CMW my membership was current so that positively accounts for at least one person.
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
Quinn,
Thank you for putting in the effort to get this going..

Since I am member #12 I did renew after a year or so (Summer 2009),  at which point they sent me a second patch and another membership number... I might be one of those members,  might not...

Here is the patch in question..

Guess I need to find my paperwork.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
PM sent.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »
Here is an update to my progress.
Today I built the website on the server to host the new registration form.  I created the forms and verified that they do work and write to the database. When you register you will need to fill in your certificate number.  If you do not have it then you will be directed to a form to request it.  Sort of like requesting a reminder to a password.

I created the form for members who have forgotten their certificate numbers to request their numbers.    I would like to create a database that would allow you to log in and retrieve the number yourself, but the effort to provide any low level of security to perform that task is outweighed by the process you would have to follow.  So when you fill in the form to request your number, I will get an email from the database that you have made the request and will need to email your number to you.  If you remember your certificate number then it is not an issue and will not apply to you.

I still need to write a security patch to provide a log in screen for you. I will have that completed hopefully within a day or so.

Everyone who has been a member will get an email from me sent to your email address that you registered with.  In that email will be instructions on how to log into the website and re-register.

Quinn

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
I was one of the first hundred, can't remember my number.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:12 AM »
I'm sure my membership has lapsed. I think I was number 8. Never got a notice to renew, and there was no indication that there were any membership benefits, so I didn't worry about it. I'll try to get it renewed now.

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Right between Pensacola and Panama City, and I know there are RE owners in my area, but have never seen one. Would love to go for a ride with someone who understands why I carry so many tools.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »
I was one of the first hundred, can't remember my number.

PM sent.

-Quinn

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:08 AM »
I'm sure my membership has lapsed. I think I was number 8. Never got a notice to renew, and there was no indication that there were any membership benefits, so I didn't worry about it. I'll try to get it renewed now.

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Right between Pensacola and Panama City, and I know there are RE owners in my area, but have never seen one. Would love to go for a ride with someone who understands why I carry so many tools.

That is part of the issue.  There never was a system to notify or maintain the members.
We are solving that now,  wont happen in a week but it is well underhand.

Do not renew yet though, wait unitll you get an email from royalenfieldassociation.org. .

Part of the new database will allow us to pull a report of all the members from any particular state.  So if you wanted to organize a ride in Florida,  You could request a mailing to the members in your area and direct them to a website or your email address.

Just a thought....

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »
Please do double check the accuracy of the membership count, I suspect there are more than 14 members.

Double checked, 14 members left.  All the rest had expired. By the end of the year it would have been down to 11.

PM sent with your expiration information.

Matthew Harris

• Scooter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 03:47:43 PM »
Here is an update to my progress.
Everyone who has been a member will get an email from me sent to your email address that you registered with.  In that email will be instructions on how to log into the website and re-register.

Quinn

My email address may have changed since first joining.  Can you post something here also so I can renew?  Thanks!
-Matthew
REA # 42 from 30 July 2008
2000 Bullet 500 Classic- Green
REA 42

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
My email address may have changed since first joining.  Can you post something here also so I can renew? 

PM Sent.   If anyone else thinks this may be an issue that applies to them send me a note.

Quinn

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
This is terrific! Thanks!!  I'm also one who probably lapsed and forgot my number.  I sure hope this gets off the ground.  Be sure to make a big push again in the spring.  Winter's here, and alkot of bikes are being put away. 

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
This is terrific! Thanks!!  I'm also one who probably lapsed and forgot my number.  I sure hope this gets off the ground.  Be sure to make a big push again in the spring.  Winter's here, and alkot of bikes are being put away.  

Send me a PM with your name and I will research your number and PM it back to you.

When I get a few other things completed here, I will be sending an email to all of the previous members. Bringing them up to speed, letting them know of the Benefits of membership and soliciting help.  We will need lots of help.

I will get it going and handle the behind the scenes "mechanics" of the operation, but we need folks to talk to their dealers, submit articles to the newsletter, organize local meets at regional events, put up flyers at events etc...etc...etc...

And you are right, Winter is a good time to get this thing going.  We will be in full force by spring!

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
I love the idea of REA.  I think one of the best purposes of this organization would be to identify RE riders and try to get state/regional get-togethers going. After all, a motorcycle organization should be about fostering a sense of community.

Completely agree.   We will need volunteers to get flyers into the Dealers in their area, organize RE meets at existing Regional Events etc.  Any other suggestions?

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Agreed ^^^^^^^^We used to have a feature to show where you were but it didnt seem to work... a locator that everyone participated in would allow for efficient planning of meets and get-togethers... Just a "second" to the motion given above.

Thank you, I have found a good working script that can be used for a members map.  It will be available to members of the REA.  You will be able to put a pin on a scalable Google Map with your contact info if you want to. Good way to contact each other for local events.

Gotta' get everyones membership info entered into the database first, and build log in (Username/password information for everyone. Then send everyone an email with log in information.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »
Thanx for the effort...   
    my only opinion is that the newsletter should be free  to all just like this forum. For
years now I have seen the ownership and brotherhood of these bikes grow. I am
continually amazed at the generosity of sharing information on procedures; part
substitutions; and even parts being offered up to a brother in need. I believe
it is this positive vibe that will get the dues paid...  NOT a newsletter.   
          just thinking out loud...   - Mike
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!! "
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 02:21:04 AM »
That is a a great suggestion Mike.

There have been suggestions like yours made regarding different aspects of the REA.

We are very close to having the website with the registration forms completed.  This weekend I completed entering the Username's and passwords for all 152 past and present members.  A little more testing and an email will go out to all explaining how to access and re-register. 

After folks have had a reasonable time period with which to register and get involved, I will take suggestions such as these and put them up as Poll Questions.  If a simple majority of the voting members wish the Newsletters to be available to all then so be it.  If they feel it should be a members only benefit then we can do that.

We have the technology to determine the policies of the association based on what the majority of the members want.

jeckman

• Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »
jeckman, Give me the information to join,tryed Nfield Gear, but didnot make any sense.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »
There is a problem with the links from one of the pages.  I have notified the folks at CMW.

Try this direct link.:

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/one-year-royal-enfield-association-membership.html 

Quinn

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 11:55:03 PM »
Quinn

Sent you a PM with my new email and old REA #.

looking forward to your email about re-registering! ;D\

Big Don
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
Registry and log in at http://royalenfieldassociation.org/ was painless and easy.

Br.qgolden has talents, time and and assets that I do not.
Supporting him and our brotherhood and my REgion as a REgional instigator  ;D co coordinator should prove to be great fun for me.

-Keep the shiny side up

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »

REA #136

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
I paid my five bucks for a membership renewal, I can't get into the web site though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:05:30 PM by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
Thanks guys,

Had a couple of projects at work that sandbagged me.  End of the year stuff, customer that have money left in their budgets need to find a way to spend it.    ;D

I am back on the website now.

PartsMan

• I Eat Breathe & Sleep R.E. PARTS!
  • Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
The REA is undergoing a RE-genesis. I have sat by and watched it set stagnate as long as I can stand to, and as Popeye used to say ""That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!" ;D

I have been working with Kevin and some of the good folks at CMW and have come up with a plan to take over responsibilities for the REA.

At this point in time I have a newsletter under way. I plan to publish the first issue for January 2011. Details to follow. The format will be PDF and will likely be provided via a download link sent to current paid members. I have solicited commitments from some folks in the RE world who have agreed to submit articles of interest for the Newsletter. We are looking for a few more correspondents from around the US and abroad. If you are interested in submitting an item please PM me. I have several ideas for the newsletter but am always open to more suggestions. PM me and tell me what you think. Over the next several days I will post here looking for some specific talents. Today I am looking for any newsletters after issue 1 volume 1 that might exist out there. If you have any and can share them please PM me.

Regarding membership in the REA. When members signed up to join the association their membership was good for one year. There was however no mechanism to contact members to urge them to renew their membership when it expired. So most all memberships (Prior to 11/1/2009) have lapsed. In support of the REA, CMW has graciously offered to renew everyones membership by one year gratis. (you do not get a new patch with this gratis membership) If you have registered for membership between November 1 2009 and today, your free year will begin after your current membership expires. If you had a membership prior to November 1 2009, then all you need to do is re-register and your free year begins upon registration. However, if you are re-registering, do not register via the NField store. The association membership database needs to be maintained outside of the store. For now that lies with me. Within a few days I will post a link to one of my servers for you to renew your membership through. I will forward your membership information to CMW from the database I have created for this purpose. At this time I will not be taking your credit card info. If you have never registered before then you need to pay your 5 dollars and get your patch please do so at the Nfield Store. They will send me your membership info and I will take care of you from there. The free year offer for renewals will expire on 1 June 2011. So that will give 7 months for those who only log in to the forums occasionally to find this offer. I will also be sending an email to all members whose membership has expired notifying them of this offer. This offer is extended to existing members who have been issued membership numbers. (Number 1 through 150). Much thought has been put into making this as fair and logical a process as possible. We hope you think so too.

When you re-register there will be a field on the form for you to enter your old membership number. I have preserved the numbers of past members and if you have forgotten yours just send me a PM (with your name and the email address you used to register) prior to registering and I will send it to you. This will allow the early REA members who had low numbers the ability keep those numbers.

In further support from the folks at CMW, Kevin has authorized a 5 percent discount for REA Members. This offer begins November 2 2010. To take advantage of this discount you simply need to enter your REA membership number in the coupon code field when you place an order. This code will give you 5% off any order over $100; the coupon is good for one year starting from the issue date of your membership. The coupon can be used 12 times within that time period. The coupons are only valid with online orders. Registration numbers 139 to 150 have been entered and are active now, numbers 1  through 138 will need to re-register to receive this benefit.

So your cost of membership is covered with your first order from the NField Store, Sweet. Above that you can save additional  dollars all year.

So that is where we are at.

I have a few more ideas and options to grow this association, but I will hold off for now.  Some decisions will need to be made and I would like to have them approved by it members, so I will wait a bit for the membership to firm up.

I feel that it is necessary to do something to jump start this organization. My Grandfather used to say, "See a problem? Fix it. Just do something even if it ain't right, raise their ire and maybe someone smart enough will come along and fix it right". So I will get this started. I decided to do it pretty much autocratically so I knew it would get done and not to get bogged down with committees or boards.

I will commit to it for a year, create the database, set up the newsletter, (plans are to publish it every two months), and put together a process and a package that can be passed on to someone else. I cannot guarantee anything beyond that year. But we can plan a few events, a few meet and greets, some bike runs in coordination with other motorcycle events, (anyone go to Sturgis, Laconia or Daytona?), and maybe, just maybe plant the seeds to make this a great association.

REspecfully
-Quinn
Self-Proclaimed REA Administrator and Newsletter Editor in Chief.

If you registered between 10/28/10 and 11/12/10 your codes are now valid on the website.

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
OK I admit it it ...I am a dummy! ;D

I am member number 73. I would like to keep it.

HOW do I "re-register"?

I can't figure it out...... :-[

BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 04:09:32 AM »
Heres a partial quote from the REA.org website;

"Please note that CMW has been gracious enough to automatically renew all past members for a period of one year.  This is extended to all current members who have registered from 11/4/2009 to 11/4/2010 as well."  

Here's a link to the website.
Heres a link  http://www.royalenfieldassociation.org/Login/indexmain.htm

These link tab thingys are on the left side of the main page;

Home
Registration
Retrieve_Cert_No.

Guestbook
Poll Questions
REA Member Map
REA Newsletter Archive
REA Classifieds
REA_Member_Businesss
Back_To_REA_Forums

Just click the appropriate tab and fill in the blanks.
REgistration or REREgistration is quick and easy even for Folkz liKe mE  ;D

BTW the member locator map works awesomely

Modified to add link to REA.org homepage
http://royalenfieldassociation.org/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:20:27 AM by Ice »

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »
The link does not work for me..  I get a password page..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
The link does not work for me..  I get a password page..

Me too...password page......
BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
Send a quick PM to qgolden and all will become clear  ;)

Modified to add link to REAorg homepage
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:19:52 AM by Ice »

REA #136

hoppyre

• Scooter
  • 06 Bullet Sixty-5. 09 Suzuki Tu250x
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Send a quick PM to qgolden and all will become clear  ;)

Modified to add link to REAorg homepage

I still can't get it to work. Probably not holding my mouth just right.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
I can't get it to work either, all I get is a log in page.
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

Roger B

• Neophyte
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 03:38:58 AM »
I'd like to sign up.  Providing you don't make it for four years and ship me off to some cold place or it don't come with a wife and kids.  Been there, done that.  I just want to find some body local who has dissected his/her bike and coach me thru an "operation".  Couple of bucks to join is no problem.  I ride all over the Tampa, Lakeland area of Florida and never have seen another Enfield.  And the vast majority of folks I meet and talk motorcycles don't seem to want to do any maintnenace on their own bikes other then to polish them or add lights.  I am new again to riding.  Hadn't had a bike for many years until I picked my my Bullet.  So there is a bit of a learning curve.

Roger B

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 07:00:14 AM »
I'd like to sign up.  Providing you don't make it for four years and ship me off to some cold place or it don't come with a wife and kids.  Been there, done that.  I just want to find some body local who has dissected his/her bike and coach me thru an "operation".  Couple of bucks to join is no problem.  I ride all over the Tampa, Lakeland area of Florida and never have seen another Enfield.  And the vast majority of folks I meet and talk motorcycles don't seem to want to do any maintnenace on their own bikes other then to polish them or add lights.  I am new again to riding.  Hadn't had a bike for many years until I picked my my Bullet.  So there is a bit of a learning curve.

Roger B

LoL

Hi Roger B and welcome aboard.

Heres a link http://royalenfieldassociation.org/ and
 http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/rea/

or try the nfield gear online store http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/one-year-royal-enfield-association-membership.html

also please do PM qgolden
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:07:43 PM by Ice »

REA #136

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2010, 06:28:34 PM »
Hello folks,
Everyone should have received an email today with instructions on how to log in and update your membership. 

If you did not please let me or Ice know and we will get you squared away.

Thank you for your patience while I completed this phase of the project.  This time of year can get very busy for me at work and my time gets squeezed pretty tight,

Thank you Ice for jumping in and answering questions as they come up. 

Now the real work begins, lets turn this into a real association.....

-Q

hoppyre

• Scooter
  • 06 Bullet Sixty-5. 09 Suzuki Tu250x
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 12:18:17 PM »
Hello folks,
Everyone should have received an email today with instructions on how to log in and update your membership. 

If you did not please let me or Ice know and we will get you squared away.

Thank you for your patience while I completed this phase of the project.  This time of year can get very busy for me at work and my time gets squeezed pretty tight,

Thank you Ice for jumping in and answering questions as they come up. 

Now the real work begins, lets turn this into a real association.....

-Q

Thanks qgolden for the help. Have REregistered,all is well. Now, if the weather would cooperate.......

neil

• Bulleteer
  • Neil & Buzzy the Bullet
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 03:31:51 AM »
Well What Do You Know ! !

There is another Royal Enfield owner / rider up here in NH. Quinn lives about 40 miles from my home. I live in Hooksett NH. I have riden through his town several times, once or twice stopping for a lunch and rest before continuing on. That was probably within a few minutes of his house and never knew he was around here. I have been riding my Bullet 65 for about 6 years and have never seen another Enfield Rider. I rode once with Glenn Mitchell, the Dealer who sold me the bike. He's no longer in the business. There is a dealer closer to my home now, but I have been dong all the maintenance on my bike now so I haven't been in touch with him.

If there are other Enfield owner/riders nearby, it would be nice to be able to find them for sharing ideas and rides together. I've become a loner Enfield owner/rider pretty much by necessity.

Neil

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 12:57:35 AM »
I am not an owner yet, but I am an enthusiast. I clicked the JOIN button but like most of  store links I get error 404 "our bad" message.  The JOIN button should be on the home page so it is easy to find. Also you might consider a life membership program. I am a life member of AMA and  HOG. Thanks.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 01:40:56 AM »
Either there's a server glitch or some updating going on would be my guess.

You can PM, email or call to join if you like. I renew by phone,,,works good.

REA #136

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:12 AM »
That's so 20th century, but then so are  REs  ;D

neil

• Bulleteer
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
Hi REA members or people:

Despite repeated efforts, my computer hits a link or message, I'm not sure which it is, but it says the page is blank and I get an error that tosses me out in space. Possiblly it's my clunky old computer or my method. Probably both but I'll call out to Minn. and get my association membership that way. I can pay my $5.00, get a patch and find out what my number is without further frustration.

Truly I am technically challenged and not knowing what I'm doing is not helping. As far as keeping in touch with any of you, that would be by pure luck. Soooo, if I see any of you out on the roads of NH I'll surely wave, stop or fall of my bike with astonishment. I've been riding now going on 7 years without seeing one other Enfield so trying to get aboard this association would probably not get me any closer to finding another Enfield rider to pal around with. Meantime I'll remain a lonesome rider. Maybe that would be a good handle to be known by.

Anyway, Ta Ta for now.

Neil  and his bullet 65 "Buzzy"

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »
Some of the vacuum tubes or "valves" must have gone out on their server. There is a map feature on the website. Probably better than than a $5 patch for finding other riders. Good luck!

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
Haven't seen Q Golden in a while.

Did we run off another good man?

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
Still thinking about re-upping but haven't made up my mind; June deadline
is cumming....  my first thought is that this thing has crashed(again)
before it even got restarted...   any thoughts??
                 - Mike
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 03:47:05 PM »
I hear by nominate Mike as king of the REA.

Discussion?

Motion.....

(Hammer falls)

Next agenda.

:o :o :o

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »
              well OK then....
  first off we'll dissolve this thing and just use forum membership...
local groups have a better chance of survival because of their ability to
have meet ups and rides...  all  with the willing sponsorship of the local
dealers. I'm going to use our NW members who have put together quite a group
 and they have Vince...   lucky them; as an example.

on the other hand maybe I'm making to much sense;
                        or just talk'in shit....
seeing as how this puppie has been dissolved I guess I'm out of a job...
         thank you for your support- Mike     

-Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »
Mike you make sense.

The core of the REA is an Editor -in Chief   for a regular news letter.

A news letter  would work if you enlisted the help of forum " field editors" writing anything of interest and forwarding  the story to the Editor - in- Chief for clean up and distribution.

The  in Editor -in-Chief job would no doubt be a  time restraining endever. A little skill would also be helpful.  .

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2011, 01:17:54 AM »
I'm till instigating and coordinating up here in the N.W  ;) :D ;D :'(

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 01:52:46 AM »
 :-X :-X

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »
Ragmas is nominated  ;D
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=10523.0;num_replies=4
Any objections/suggestions please post them and we also need to get a hold of Br.Qgolden.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:00:01 AM by Ice »

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »
Does any one have Br. Qgoldens phone number ?

REA #136

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »
I got a P.M. from Quinn !!

Just a short one but he is alive.

REA #136

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2011, 07:17:18 PM »
Just FYI, The join button still goes to 404

Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2011, 02:28:14 AM »

Butt is the ASSociation????
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2011, 02:59:22 AM »
Yes It is.

And the next newsletter is in the works too.

REA #136

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2011, 03:01:23 AM »
You just can't join. >:(

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
Yes you can,,,,,,,call CMW,,,, works every time and for REnewals too  ;)

REA #136

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 01:56:46 AM »

Quote from: Ice on May 26, 2011, 12:15:33 AM

Butt is the ASSociation?Huh
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2011, 05:23:18 AM »
Yes It is.

And the next newsletter is in the works too.

Any one wanting to contribute could PM Ragmas.

If you have a hot tip or something of interest in the N.W. REgion clue me in too.

Cheers

REA #136

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »
I received  an IM from Ragmas a week or so ago, asking if I wanted to write some tech articles for the newsletter. I was away on vacation last week.
I told him I would contact him about doing an article when I get back, and  I'm back now.

The thing I'm wondering is, what is going to get in the newsletter that isn't already out all over the internet already?
It seems redundant.
I think the newsletter should concentrate on events and organizing little meet-ups in local and regional areas, so that riders can get together on week-ends.

And it can promote or inform about swap-meets or whatever, too. And things like the Rally on the River and  such.

In these days of the internet, the old newsletter format is kind of out-of-date, and not as needed as it was before.

If I was an Association Member, what I would want is a patch/sticker, be informed of any Club events, and maybe availability of any Club T-shirts or whatever sort of kitsch might be desired by the club.
That would be all I'd need out of it.

Maybe we're making it all more complicated than it needs to be.
Ya sign up, get a patch, and get told where any official meet-ups are, and can buy a T-shirt or a key fob or whatever. That's it.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »
Hmm, ..very true , and wise Ace.

REA CEO  ACE..... has a nice ring to it.

Chief Ace, I look forwad to your next technical write up. ;)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »
I received  an IM from Ragmas a week or so ago, asking if I wanted to write some tech articles for the newsletter. I was away on vacation last week.
I told him I would contact him about doing an article when I get back, and  I'm back now.

The thing I'm wondering is, what is going to get in the newsletter that isn't already out all over the internet already?
It seems redundant.
I think the newsletter should concentrate on events and organizing little meet-ups in local and regional areas, so that riders can get together on week-ends.

And it can promote or inform about swap-meets or whatever, too. And things like the Rally on the River and  such.

In these days of the internet, the old newsletter format is kind of out-of-date, and not as needed as it was before.

If I was an Association Member, what I would want is a patch/sticker, be informed of any Club events, and maybe availability of any Club T-shirts or whatever sort of kitsch might be desired by the club.
That would be all I'd need out of it.

Maybe we're making it all more complicated than it needs to be.
Ya sign up, get a patch, and get told where any official meet-ups are, and can buy a T-shirt or a key fob or whatever. That's it.

I swear your psychic.

Don't you telling anyone about my secret riding and fishing spots.   

REA #136

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2011, 02:29:39 AM »
Works for me.
Iron Butt Association

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »
Works for me.

You too ? :o

I'm getting the tin foil.

REA #136

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
Tin foil works great :D
Iron Butt Association

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
              well OK then....
  first off we'll dissolve this thing and just use forum membership...
local groups have a better chance of survival because of their ability to
have meet ups and rides...  all  with the willing sponsorship of the local
dealers. I'm going to use our NW members who have put together quite a group
 and they have Vince...   lucky them; as an example.
          on the other hand maybe I'm making to much sense;
                        or just talk'in shit....
seeing as how this puppie has been dissolved I guess I'm out of a job...
         thank you for your support- Mike     

Holy Crap...   Ace (in not the same words) almost agreed with me!
  I'm going to find that purple crayon and mark my calendar...
    then try one of those "Jeremiah Weed" beverages to celebrate!!
                   anybody tried them??  - Mike
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2011, 01:54:02 AM »
 REA is not dissolved but is moving in the direction alluded to in Ace's post.

REA #136

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2011, 02:01:57 PM »

Time for my monthly Query....
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 - Winston Churchill

rbelyk

• Scooter
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
I Joined on Monday  ;D
2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

prof_stack

• Grand Gearhead
  • Ride carefully - You are invisible.
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
I Joined on Monday  ;D
Heh, what exactly did you join?
A Royal Enfield owner's cup is always half full.

rbelyk

• Scooter
2010 Maroon Bullet Classic
custom 1953 Triumph

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window

Kruiser

• Bulleteer
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »
While you're REgenesising I would respectfully suggest you have a new logo created.
The one you have now really doesn't work. 

neil

• Bulleteer
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:10 AM »
Hi Fellow Bulleteers:
I took the liberty to read all the posts on the R,E.A. It was being re generated into life in Nov. 2010. Lots of posts with suggestions --- and complaints that the website would not let applicants register / sign-up, etc. Then it went dead again until late spring 2011.  A flurry of new posts but after June 2011 the posts fell silent again. Something about newsletters and the purpose of the association would be better served by local affiliations. I gather there are lots of Enfield owner / riders in the NorthWest,  Other areas, not so much !

I've put my location etc on the Enfield Owner map. There are fewer of us in the NorthEast / New Englad area and we are widely scattered. So, as my previous posts indicate, I've been riding my Enfield for over 7 years now and will soon begin my 8th year with seeing no other Enfields during that time. So lonesome rider will be my lot from now on. Best wishes to all the rest of you wherever you are. 

Neil and Buzzy the Bullet.

kodai

• Scooter
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2012, 04:53:55 PM »
!