HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Roosevelt Lake Ride

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.  (Read 9528 times)

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Re: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
Quinn,
Thank you for putting in the effort to get this going..

Since I am member #12 I did renew after a year or so (Summer 2009),  at which point they sent me a second patch and another membership number... I might be one of those members,  might not...

Here is the patch in question..

Guess I need to find my paperwork.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
PM sent.
Any other Enfields in New England?

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:46 PM »
Here is an update to my progress.
Today I built the website on the server to host the new registration form.  I created the forms and verified that they do work and write to the database. When you register you will need to fill in your certificate number.  If you do not have it then you will be directed to a form to request it.  Sort of like requesting a reminder to a password.

I created the form for members who have forgotten their certificate numbers to request their numbers.    I would like to create a database that would allow you to log in and retrieve the number yourself, but the effort to provide any low level of security to perform that task is outweighed by the process you would have to follow.  So when you fill in the form to request your number, I will get an email from the database that you have made the request and will need to email your number to you.  If you remember your certificate number then it is not an issue and will not apply to you.

I still need to write a security patch to provide a log in screen for you. I will have that completed hopefully within a day or so.

Everyone who has been a member will get an email from me sent to your email address that you registered with.  In that email will be instructions on how to log into the website and re-register.

Quinn

REpozer

• Superfly and
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
I was one of the first hundred, can't remember my number.
2008 AVL Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA # 84 ( the first time)

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:12 AM »
I'm sure my membership has lapsed. I think I was number 8. Never got a notice to renew, and there was no indication that there were any membership benefits, so I didn't worry about it. I'll try to get it renewed now.

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Right between Pensacola and Panama City, and I know there are RE owners in my area, but have never seen one. Would love to go for a ride with someone who understands why I carry so many tools.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »
I was one of the first hundred, can't remember my number.

PM sent.

-Quinn

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:08 AM »
I'm sure my membership has lapsed. I think I was number 8. Never got a notice to renew, and there was no indication that there were any membership benefits, so I didn't worry about it. I'll try to get it renewed now.

I live in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Right between Pensacola and Panama City, and I know there are RE owners in my area, but have never seen one. Would love to go for a ride with someone who understands why I carry so many tools.

That is part of the issue.  There never was a system to notify or maintain the members.
We are solving that now,  wont happen in a week but it is well underhand.

Do not renew yet though, wait unitll you get an email from royalenfieldassociation.org. .

Part of the new database will allow us to pull a report of all the members from any particular state.  So if you wanted to organize a ride in Florida,  You could request a mailing to the members in your area and direct them to a website or your email address.

Just a thought....

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »
Please do double check the accuracy of the membership count, I suspect there are more than 14 members.

Double checked, 14 members left.  All the rest had expired. By the end of the year it would have been down to 11.

PM sent with your expiration information.

Matthew Harris

• Scooter
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 03:47:43 PM »
Here is an update to my progress.
Everyone who has been a member will get an email from me sent to your email address that you registered with.  In that email will be instructions on how to log into the website and re-register.

Quinn

My email address may have changed since first joining.  Can you post something here also so I can renew?  Thanks!
-Matthew
REA # 42 from 30 July 2008
2000 Bullet 500 Classic- Green
REA 42

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
My email address may have changed since first joining.  Can you post something here also so I can renew? 

PM Sent.   If anyone else thinks this may be an issue that applies to them send me a note.

Quinn

csbdr

• Bulleteer
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 10:00:52 AM »
This is terrific! Thanks!!  I'm also one who probably lapsed and forgot my number.  I sure hope this gets off the ground.  Be sure to make a big push again in the spring.  Winter's here, and alkot of bikes are being put away. 

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »
This is terrific! Thanks!!  I'm also one who probably lapsed and forgot my number.  I sure hope this gets off the ground.  Be sure to make a big push again in the spring.  Winter's here, and alkot of bikes are being put away.  

Send me a PM with your name and I will research your number and PM it back to you.

When I get a few other things completed here, I will be sending an email to all of the previous members. Bringing them up to speed, letting them know of the Benefits of membership and soliciting help.  We will need lots of help.

I will get it going and handle the behind the scenes "mechanics" of the operation, but we need folks to talk to their dealers, submit articles to the newsletter, organize local meets at regional events, put up flyers at events etc...etc...etc...

And you are right, Winter is a good time to get this thing going.  We will be in full force by spring!

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
I love the idea of REA.  I think one of the best purposes of this organization would be to identify RE riders and try to get state/regional get-togethers going. After all, a motorcycle organization should be about fostering a sense of community.

Completely agree.   We will need volunteers to get flyers into the Dealers in their area, organize RE meets at existing Regional Events etc.  Any other suggestions?

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
Agreed ^^^^^^^^We used to have a feature to show where you were but it didnt seem to work... a locator that everyone participated in would allow for efficient planning of meets and get-togethers... Just a "second" to the motion given above.

Thank you, I have found a good working script that can be used for a members map.  It will be available to members of the REA.  You will be able to put a pin on a scalable Google Map with your contact info if you want to. Good way to contact each other for local events.

Gotta' get everyones membership info entered into the database first, and build log in (Username/password information for everyone. Then send everyone an email with log in information.

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »
Thanx for the effort...   
    my only opinion is that the newsletter should be free  to all just like this forum. For
years now I have seen the ownership and brotherhood of these bikes grow. I am
continually amazed at the generosity of sharing information on procedures; part
substitutions; and even parts being offered up to a brother in need. I believe
it is this positive vibe that will get the dues paid...  NOT a newsletter.   
          just thinking out loud...   - Mike
"You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!! "
        -Cody Baird
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill