HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

mean green

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2014, 01:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.  (Read 9817 times)

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
  • It takes a villiage to raise an idiot.....
Re: REgenesis of the Royal Enfield Association.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 02:21:04 AM »
That is a a great suggestion Mike.

There have been suggestions like yours made regarding different aspects of the REA.

We are very close to having the website with the registration forms completed.  This weekend I completed entering the Username's and passwords for all 152 past and present members.  A little more testing and an email will go out to all explaining how to access and re-register. 

After folks have had a reasonable time period with which to register and get involved, I will take suggestions such as these and put them up as Poll Questions.  If a simple majority of the voting members wish the Newsletters to be available to all then so be it.  If they feel it should be a members only benefit then we can do that.

We have the technology to determine the policies of the association based on what the majority of the members want.
Any other Enfields in New England?

jeckman

• Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »
jeckman, Give me the information to join,tryed Nfield Gear, but didnot make any sense.

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2010, 05:46:23 PM »
There is a problem with the links from one of the pages.  I have notified the folks at CMW.

Try this direct link.:

http://nfieldgear.com/enfield-store/one-year-royal-enfield-association-membership.html 

Quinn

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 11:55:03 PM »
Quinn

Sent you a PM with my new email and old REA #.

looking forward to your email about re-registering! ;D\

Big Don
BigDon
REA #73
08 RE Classic, the last of the Iron Barrel Bikes.(FireBall!)
05 Suzuki DRZ 400, for haulin' xxx in the woods!
09 BMW R1200GSA for a change of pace!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
Registry and log in at http://royalenfieldassociation.org/ was painless and easy.

Br.qgolden has talents, time and and assets that I do not.
Supporting him and our brotherhood and my REgion as a REgional instigator  ;D co coordinator should prove to be great fun for me.

-Keep the shiny side up
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

r80rt

• C5 Pilot
  • Grand Gearhead
  • R.I.P Papa Juan, Uncle Ernie
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
I paid my five bucks for a membership renewal, I can't get into the web site though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 08:05:30 PM by r80rt »
On the eighth day God created the C5, and it was better looking than anything on the planet.
Iron Butt Association

qgolden

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »
Thanks guys,

Had a couple of projects at work that sandbagged me.  End of the year stuff, customer that have money left in their budgets need to find a way to spend it.    ;D

I am back on the website now.

PartsMan

• I Eat Breathe & Sleep R.E. PARTS!
  • Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
The REA is undergoing a RE-genesis. I have sat by and watched it set stagnate as long as I can stand to, and as Popeye used to say ""That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more!" ;D

I have been working with Kevin and some of the good folks at CMW and have come up with a plan to take over responsibilities for the REA.

At this point in time I have a newsletter under way. I plan to publish the first issue for January 2011. Details to follow. The format will be PDF and will likely be provided via a download link sent to current paid members. I have solicited commitments from some folks in the RE world who have agreed to submit articles of interest for the Newsletter. We are looking for a few more correspondents from around the US and abroad. If you are interested in submitting an item please PM me. I have several ideas for the newsletter but am always open to more suggestions. PM me and tell me what you think. Over the next several days I will post here looking for some specific talents. Today I am looking for any newsletters after issue 1 volume 1 that might exist out there. If you have any and can share them please PM me.

Regarding membership in the REA. When members signed up to join the association their membership was good for one year. There was however no mechanism to contact members to urge them to renew their membership when it expired. So most all memberships (Prior to 11/1/2009) have lapsed. In support of the REA, CMW has graciously offered to renew everyones membership by one year gratis. (you do not get a new patch with this gratis membership) If you have registered for membership between November 1 2009 and today, your free year will begin after your current membership expires. If you had a membership prior to November 1 2009, then all you need to do is re-register and your free year begins upon registration. However, if you are re-registering, do not register via the NField store. The association membership database needs to be maintained outside of the store. For now that lies with me. Within a few days I will post a link to one of my servers for you to renew your membership through. I will forward your membership information to CMW from the database I have created for this purpose. At this time I will not be taking your credit card info. If you have never registered before then you need to pay your 5 dollars and get your patch please do so at the Nfield Store. They will send me your membership info and I will take care of you from there. The free year offer for renewals will expire on 1 June 2011. So that will give 7 months for those who only log in to the forums occasionally to find this offer. I will also be sending an email to all members whose membership has expired notifying them of this offer. This offer is extended to existing members who have been issued membership numbers. (Number 1 through 150). Much thought has been put into making this as fair and logical a process as possible. We hope you think so too.

When you re-register there will be a field on the form for you to enter your old membership number. I have preserved the numbers of past members and if you have forgotten yours just send me a PM (with your name and the email address you used to register) prior to registering and I will send it to you. This will allow the early REA members who had low numbers the ability keep those numbers.

In further support from the folks at CMW, Kevin has authorized a 5 percent discount for REA Members. This offer begins November 2 2010. To take advantage of this discount you simply need to enter your REA membership number in the coupon code field when you place an order. This code will give you 5% off any order over $100; the coupon is good for one year starting from the issue date of your membership. The coupon can be used 12 times within that time period. The coupons are only valid with online orders. Registration numbers 139 to 150 have been entered and are active now, numbers 1  through 138 will need to re-register to receive this benefit.

So your cost of membership is covered with your first order from the NField Store, Sweet. Above that you can save additional  dollars all year.

So that is where we are at.

I have a few more ideas and options to grow this association, but I will hold off for now.  Some decisions will need to be made and I would like to have them approved by it members, so I will wait a bit for the membership to firm up.

I feel that it is necessary to do something to jump start this organization. My Grandfather used to say, "See a problem? Fix it. Just do something even if it ain't right, raise their ire and maybe someone smart enough will come along and fix it right". So I will get this started. I decided to do it pretty much autocratically so I knew it would get done and not to get bogged down with committees or boards.

I will commit to it for a year, create the database, set up the newsletter, (plans are to publish it every two months), and put together a process and a package that can be passed on to someone else. I cannot guarantee anything beyond that year. But we can plan a few events, a few meet and greets, some bike runs in coordination with other motorcycle events, (anyone go to Sturgis, Laconia or Daytona?), and maybe, just maybe plant the seeds to make this a great association.

REspecfully
-Quinn
Self-Proclaimed REA Administrator and Newsletter Editor in Chief.

If you registered between 10/28/10 and 11/12/10 your codes are now valid on the website.

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
OK I admit it it ...I am a dummy! ;D

I am member number 73. I would like to keep it.

HOW do I "re-register"?

I can't figure it out...... :-[

BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 04:09:32 AM »
Heres a partial quote from the REA.org website;

"Please note that CMW has been gracious enough to automatically renew all past members for a period of one year.  This is extended to all current members who have registered from 11/4/2009 to 11/4/2010 as well."  

Here's a link to the website.
Heres a link  http://www.royalenfieldassociation.org/Login/indexmain.htm

These link tab thingys are on the left side of the main page;

Home
Registration
Retrieve_Cert_No.

Guestbook
Poll Questions
REA Member Map
REA Newsletter Archive
REA Classifieds
REA_Member_Businesss
Back_To_REA_Forums

Just click the appropriate tab and fill in the blanks.
REgistration or REREgistration is quick and easy even for Folkz liKe mE  ;D

BTW the member locator map works awesomely

Modified to add link to REA.org homepage
http://royalenfieldassociation.org/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:20:27 AM by Ice »

REA #136

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:16 PM »
The link does not work for me..  I get a password page..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

BigDon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
The link does not work for me..  I get a password page..

Me too...password page......
BigDon
REA #73

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
Send a quick PM to qgolden and all will become clear  ;)

Modified to add link to REAorg homepage
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:19:52 AM by Ice »

REA #136

hoppyre

• Scooter
  • 06 Bullet Sixty-5. 09 Suzuki Tu250x
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Send a quick PM to qgolden and all will become clear  ;)

Modified to add link to REAorg homepage

I still can't get it to work. Probably not holding my mouth just right.